Friday, July 30, 2010

Thursday July 29th 2010

This month is almost over!  Summer is going fast, won’t be long and we will be heading back home.  Looking at the calendar I believe our last day will be four weeks from this coming Monday. According to Roger and Heidi next month is supposed to be a lot slower.  We will see.  We told Heidi this morning that we probably wouldn’t be back next year and I definitely wasn’t going to sign a contract or commitment.  We told her that if we decided later on we would give her a call.  To much work for an old man. I’m not going to call her an “old lady”…..

Our workload for today wasn’t to bad except for the cabins and Nick and Sherry were on the third one before we even left for work!! I saw them a couple of times and Nick was sure sweating, it is hot and muggy, think I’ve heard that before!  I think they finished just after noon with all the cleaning and supplying the cabins with linens…THAT WAS FAST!!!   We spent a lot of time over at the main park and started on the house. When Johnny Mac stopped for their break (split shift) we went back to the Lodge and did the refreshes and one of the check outs.  Johnny still had one room left to do plus he was going to finish the laundry.  As busy as Compton Ridge is, we are still a little short of help for the crazy times like this week and next week.  Almost all of the check outs will be on Monday.  That probably gives us a lot of time to finish them.  I don’t think they have to many coming back in.  All in all I guess we had a pretty good day, got everything done and I was in a better mood. 

Linda has an appointment on Monday to see the Doctor about her eyes. Not sure if they will say anything, she has been OK now for 3 days. Still going to take her in though.

After work we were going to go to Wal Mart and on the way out we decided to stop at “Pepper Bellies” a Mexican restaurant to try it out. I had to go out and take a picture of Pepper Bellies.  I am standing right behind our camper taking this picture.  We drove down which would actually be a very short walk…..

100_0901

100_0898

100_0899

This is Belinda, our waitress and Chris, he wanted to be in the picture.  The food was pretty good, Linda got nachos and I got a green chili Verde burrito.  They were pretty good.  After eating we decided to go back home though.  Didn’t feel like going shopping then so we went back home and relaxed.  Will probably feel more like shopping tomorrow.  I think we may go to bed early…..Night everyone……

No comments:

Post a Comment