Saturday, July 3, 2010

Friday July 2nd 2010

 

We left the camper open last night, it was a little warm to start out but later on, with the fan, it cooled of nicely.  In the morning the fan wasn’t running which has a thermostat on it and it was 67 degrees in the camper.  Nice..

It was so nice this morning I decided to take a walk. In the main park there is a trail to a lookout. It is called Susie’s Lookout.  I didn’t find it, well, I may have found the trail but after the tics I got walking through the woods before I decided not to try it. The main park is larger than I thought.  It must be an old campground, most of the spaces are so small and remote only tents or a pop up camper would fit. They have 3 pools, 2 in the main park.  This is the “Hippo” pool.

100_0763

This is the indoor pool.

100_0765

During the walk I ran into (not literally) Daniel and Rachael. They work six days a week cleaning…100_0761

Daniel and Rachael have had some really bad luck.  Katrina did a number on them, lost their house and job all at once. They are very nice and easy to talk to.

100_0758

Nick, Sherry and Brianne.  I have been spelling Brianne’s name wrong.  This picture isn’t blurry like the last one.  Saw them at the Lodge when I started my walk.

We had an easy afternoon.  We just stayed around the camper and did a few odd jobs and waited for a call from Don and Terri.  Don and Terri are Daniel’s parents and Daniel is our next door neighbor.

100_0767

Here we are at Cracker Barrel. Marshall is their youngest son.  He is a good boy and really very affectionate.  We had an excellent meal, but was very noisy inside. We decided to go outside and sit in their rocking chairs.

100_0771

100_0772

We had a really good visit and we talked until it was dark.  I’m not sure if Marshall likes to have his picture taken, he likes to see it though. It was getting late and they had a pretty long trip and were getting tired and so were we.  They have an appointment tomorrow, time share, then take in a show or the fire works display at the Landing.  We thought about going down but I’m sure there is going to be a pretty large crowd there and I really don’t want to drive at night unless I have to.

We stopped and filled up with gas before going home, I really didn’t want to go out tomorrow if we didn’t have to and the tank was getting a little low. I am happy with our little Corolla, we have been driving mostly here in the area and got about 38 MPG.  There aren’t a lot of cars that will do that.

 

Got to go to bed, work tomorrow and it is going to be warming up. I think we are in for some rain also in the near future.  We really have enjoyed the cooler weather though. We aren’t looking forward to Winter.  We may spend the winter at home. Things change though. Nite Y’all….

1 comment: