Monday, July 12, 2010

Sunday July 11th 2010

Had a good nights sleep and the day looks like it is going to be nice! I know we have rain in the near future but looks nice right now.

After doing my morning ritual, I walked down to the Lodge office to check out the work schedule for today.  I know I’m not working but from talking to Nick last night there is going to be a boat load of work today.  Nick and Sherry start at 9:30AM and Wilber and Bernie start at 11AM.  I found out that there was 8 turnarounds which is a lot especially with the house being one of them.  I called the main office to see if they may need some help today but Roger and Heidi are off and Robert is out of town.  Thought I would wait until time to  go to church to give them time to call me.  I left about 9:40 and Nick stopped by about 9:45.  They didn’t really need me, they did an excellent job with Bobby’s help.  They didn’t get everything done but that is to be expected. They did finish the majority of rooms especially the ones that were turnarounds and refreshes.

Went to church at The Carpenter’s House.  Had a good service and Sunday School.  There was a singing group, “Simply Praise” from KCFBC this morning and they were very good. Pastor Terry’s sermon was from Colossians 3 about wives submitting, husbands loving, and kids. Also went on to relations between employees and employers.  I like the example of husband and wives coming to an impasse about something and the wife submitting to the husband’s decision…then 3 weeks later saying “I told you so”.

 

The afternoon was quite relaxing.  Took a little nap then went down to the office again for something to do, coffee wasn’t on so I didn’t get any coffee. That was OK I really didn’t need any. Talked to Maggie and Ginny for a little while before heading back home.  We were waiting for a call from James and Janice.  We are going to meet them at Pizza Hut.

100_0805

This is probably the best Pizza Hut we have eaten at.  The servers are friendly and very helpful.  Linda has a tender stomach and the pizza sauce sometimes bothers her so I asked if the had a white pizza.  They didn’t but she went and asked it they could make one.  They could!!  Instead of marinara sauce they used Alfredo sauce.  Linda got the chicken supreme or something like that and it was very good.   We had an excellent visit with James and Janice.  They are working at the Corps of Engineers at Table Rock Lake.  Here is another picture of James and Janice…now this is strange, I can’t find their picture!!!  I just put it in my blog a couple of days ago and one from yesterday???  Wonder what I did with them???

When we got home Ron and Barbara were sitting out so we stopped to talk to them for awhile.  The wind started blowing and the cool air came in so we figured the rain wouldn’t be far behind.  I was right!  rained a little later.

Oh well, the night was quiet, a little TV and a little ice cream then to bed after the weather….Night Y’all….

1 comment: