Sunday, July 4, 2010

Saturday July 3rd 2010

Back to work today!  Looks like it could be a nice day but going to warm up and be a little humid.  I met Nick and Sherry at the Lodge and we split up work. I went to check 3 cabins for arrivals, the first one I went to I couldn’t get the door open so I went in the side door and still couldn’t get the front door open so I called Roger on the radio and told him I couldn’t get the door open.  He told me to use the key!  I told him I was already inside and couldn’t get out!!  That I think may have stumped him a little so I explained the door handle didn’t work.  He had to take the door off the hinges to get it open, something was broke!!

After I finished with the cabins I went to the motel and cleaned over there. Not a hard job but kept busy. Had to come back after lunch to finish up. Wilber and Bernie helped with the 4th of July shindig at the Cafe. After lunch they finished the laundry and I finished the last room.  They had a doggie parade so I took a couple pictures.

100_0774

100_0775

100_0776

100_0779

I didn’t stay around to see what they did but I imagine they had a good time.

Nick and Sherry were busy at the Lodge changing and washing bedspreads and blankets.  For the 4th of July weekend the Lodge really isn’t busy and in the last couple of days they have washed almost all the bed spreads and blankets in all the rooms.  I think tomorrow they will only have 2 rooms left!!  They are hard workers and Brianne, for a ten year old, is very good.

When I got home Linda had a roast in the crock pot, smells really good. I peeled some potatoes and put them on the stove, then did a couple loads of clothes.  Oh, they changed my schedule!  I have tomorrow off!  We can go to church.  We are going to try the little church down the road that Don and LaVon recommended, I think it is Carpenter’s Lighthouse.  Services start at 10AM and 11 AM. OK back to the dinner, the roast was superb! She only used some garlic salt and pepper on it and wow, it was great. I could get fat (fatter) eating like that. I didn’t want to go out today so we called LaVon to check on the churches name and time, she emailed the picture of the sign with the times and phone number.

Let me see, did we do anything else??? I had a Klondike bar and Linda had a fudge bar, exciting huh?

I know I’ve had a picture of our car in here before but wanted to put it in again…

100_0773

I was saying yesterday I think that we filled up with gas and got around 38 mpg.  Love it.  I like having a truck but not one that gets 15 mpg.  The camper doesn’t do well on gas but we don’t drive it that often.  So much for that, hope everyone has a great Independence Day, I salute all our men that are serving and have served, THANK YOU!!  Or if you are Southern THANK Y”ALL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment