Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wednesday July 21st 2010

Today is supposed to be a little cooler, not much but a little. So much for the weather forecast.

The front desk person, Ginny Mac, not her name, is at the front desk until 10AM so I went down to check the workload.  Not bad for today. Johnny Mac is working also and I like Johnny Mac, he is willing to do anything and keeps working until it is done.  Linda and I take care of the cleaning and he does the running and the odd jobs.  We had a couple checkouts and a couple refreshes and some arrivals.  We finished pretty early so I got the carpet shampooer out and shampooed room #111 at the Lodge.  For some reason the room smells like burnt rubber.  Smells like a vacuum cleaner belt that is slipping.  The smell persisted even after the shampoo but the carpet looked nicer.  I put the dehumidifier in the room to help dry the carpet a little and maybe it will help take some of the odor out also.

We finished the laundry at both parks and by that time it was almost 5PM, quitting time!

Today I get to try out the camp stove, going to fry sausage and eggs.  After a little help from Nick I got it lit and it seems to work fine.  Then, I was going to fry some chicken for Linda’s fajitas, that is when the trouble began. I couldn’t get the stove to light again.  I couldn’t get any gas to the burner. After about a half hour trying everything I could think of I finally took the chicken inside, boxed up the stove and parts and took it back to Wal Mart.  Got my money back and decided our stove in the camper will work fine for today and tomorrow.

Guess what?  It’s Wednesday!  I was so into that little stove I forgot it was Wednesday, church night! If you want to know the truth, this is Thursday morning and I just remembered it!  A little slow??  Maybe that is why the stove didn’t work?? Guess I will never know for sure.

Tomorrow night is the pot luck “mandatory”.  Hopefully we will get our stuff done in time to go eat.  Linda is making the fajitas and I will fry some taters and onions.  Going to be hot in here.  By the time we get back it should be cool again.

Hopefully Friday we will be able to go back to Sikeston (home) for a day and get our mail and mow the lawn etc.  I really don’t have a good picture to put on here but I think I will put one of our awning.  I put it down before we went back to work at noon.

100_0850

This is a close up picture of the dark stripe on our awning and if you look close you can see bubbles.  Not supposed to be bubbles on the fabric. I may have to see about that.  By the time we left the bubbles were almost gone.  Wonder what is making the fabric bubble, maybe the heat?  It was rolled up at the time, I had just unrolled it and I thought it was drops of water. This only happened on the dark blue stripe.  Enough rambling, Linda worked quite awhile tonight getting the chicken and stuff ready, and I watched TV!  Going to get some sleep tonight so, so long Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment