Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Monday July 26th 2010

Well we made it through yesterday and woke up this morning!! Think it is going to be a good day!!

As usual I went down to check with Maggie about the workload. Nick and Sherry knocked out a load of rooms yesterday and we have two left over at the main park and we figured we would have time to do the cabins today also. It seemed unusual that when we started on a cabin they would rent it out, before we finished, that happened on 3 out of the 4 we cleaned!! I think the park may make a profit this year, but who am I to think that?? We got some really pleasant help from Nick and Sherry when we were cleaning one of the cabins.  The people came to look at it right after we started and they said they were going to rent it.  They needed linens. Not a big deal but for 8 people that means 8 of everything except sheets and blankets. Nick and Sherry had them all boxed up for us to take down, saved us a lot of time, like working with Nick and Sherry.. The day went well, actually went fast. Linda still worked in the laundry except when we did the cabins and she helped me there. Her eyes seemed to be normal today and we couldn’t get an appointment with the Dr. Actually couldn’t even get an answer. Oh well, will probably go to another urgent care or something.

Found another moth and I can’t remember the name of them but they are sure pretty…

100_0887

This one showed up a little better on the wood compared to the siding on the Lodge, for some reason this reminds me of the Lily of the Valley in the Bible and how beautiful they are. Wonder why He would make an insect so beautiful???

OK, now for the food part.  I wanted pancakes for supper.  We brought our electric skillet from home and I made pancakes.  What a disaster.  I did something wrong not sure what it was but the first 4 or 5 stuck so bad we couldn’t scrape them off with a spatula!!!

100_0890

They finally stopped sticking but the mess on our “fine china” didn’t look appetizing.  Wish we still had Bruno, he would have loved this. Oh, the electric skillet, I think it is Miracle Maid and Linda and I bought this before we were married.  He mother had a MM party and this is what we bought. Let me think now, we have been married for over a hundred years so that make it almost 39 years old.  Still works great but one handle is broken. Actually we have been married 38 years (I think) so it is a little over 38 years old, close to my age!!

We had a nice laid back evening. It is cool in the camper, probably because it is cloudy outside.  Comfortable night though.  I don’t get much out of the weather anymore, it is usually the same, hot and muggy!  I’m not complaining though, much rather have the hot muggy than the cold windy weather.

Time to get some sleep so via condios Y’all…..

No comments:

Post a Comment