Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Tuesday July 20th 2010

Today is payday!! May have to hire an armored truck to get all that money to the bank!!

I decided to make some bread this morning, no pictures, and decided cinnamon bread would do just fine.  I put a little to much sugar in it and it didn’t stick together very good but it turned out quite nicely. The brown sugar is a little grainy but that’s OK I guess. Still tastes decent.

The workload today was pretty easy and I didn’t get to go over and talk to Maggie early and she thought I probably had the day off or something. When I told her I made bread she kind of understood. She asked for some to see if it was OK.  We took her some.

The main park only had an arrival and a refresh.  That doesn’t take long. Linda and I did a couple little odd jobs that only took a few minutes then we went over to the Lodge and helped Nick and Sherry with a couple rooms. This afternoon we checked cabins to make sure there wasn’t something that looked out of place and the only thing we could find was the grass needed weed eating and Bobby is taking care of that. Other than that they looked great. Nick and Sherry worked on one more room and laundry. That will make a good start for tomorrow.  Johnny Mac will be coming in early, about 7:30AM  I think. Not sure what all he will do in the morning. Pools will need to be cleaned etc.

HMMM.   I just lost a paragraph that I wrote, wonder where it went??? Probably floating around in cyber space some where….  Anyway, I was saying we took the golf cart over to Bob to fix, has a broken wire or something.  He also fixed one of the dryers.  The door that is held up by a chain has the gasket coming out and he glued it back in place.  Should be ready by tomorrow.  We got the carpet shampooer out and shampooed the carpet in Motel #2.  Wanted to do #1 but it is rented tomorrow and really didn’t want a wet floor.  The water was black so I figure the carpet was pretty dirty.  Will do the rest of the rooms, downstairs, when they are vacant for awhile.  #1 room is the worst I think.

After work Linda fixed hamburgers and I lit the grill.  I had a hard time getting paper to burn but after about an hour the charcoal was finally going and I got the burgers on.  Didn’t take long to cook them, it was hot enough outside that I didn’t need a lot of fire, (just kidding).  Burgers were great, I think we will try our new stove tonight.  We will figure out something to fix. Linda is really tired tonight, she should have gone to bed about 8PM but waited until the weather was on.  I think she would have felt better in the morning if she had gone to be.  I felt pretty good for a change, but I was ready after the weather…..sweet dreams Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment