Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Tuesday July 13th 2010

Well, it’s going to be warm and humid today.  The weather forecast says that it is going to be a very warm and muggy week.

I went and checked the work load after 8AM to see if I was going to be swamped today.  Doesn’t look to bad, I think I can handle most of it and Johnny Mac is coming in later and he will probably finish what I can’t get. I got to see Wilber before they left but didn’t get to see Bernie. They still don’t know what they will be doing.  I think he may end up driving a school bus.  They have been trying to get him to come back and drive for them.

I got a good start on the rooms at the Lodge and finished the refreshes. This afternoon I will go over to the main park and do the motel rooms. I have been doing the laundry (sheets and towels) as I finish a room.  The dirty basket in the laundry doesn’t have much in it but the clean buggies are full to overflowing. Doing laundry slows me down a little and I have to dig through the towels to finish rooms.  There was a pile of quarters in one of the rooms with a note that said it was a tip. OK.  I figured $2 maybe.  Got home for lunch and took them out of my pocket and voila, three of them weren’t quarters, they were $1 pieces, kind of a gold color. Take a look…

100_0806

100_0809

I thought these were interesting.  I had never seen these before. The Indian one, Susquehanna (thank God for spell check) and the Susan B. Anthony I have seen but not these.  I left a note in the room telling them that if they made a mistake I would give them back.  Found out from Ginny that they give them out as change from Silver Dollar City and yes, they are worth $1.  The largest tip I have gotten was $20 from a Cajun. This guy was really funny. Sounded like this was the first trip he had been on and I think he must have been in his 70s. He asked me if I was part of the “family”. I wasn’t sure what he was talking about but I was thinking he meant the “owners” family.  I was right and I told him I wasn’t.  Then he said something that really made me laugh, he said “they usually get Mexicans to do this kind of work”!!!  He kind of went into what they had done and the shows they had seen etc. He said he would take care of me and I told him that fortunately I had the next 2 days off and he took out his wallet and handed me $20!!  That was not expected, I told him he didn’t need to do that but this guy was a real “hoot”.  I didn’t get to see him again but I bet they had a good time.

 

Back to today and the rest of the happenings.  Roger gave me a ride back to the North Park and on the way he said that Robert had a change of heart and said Linda could come back to work if she chose to or could work a little when she felt like it.  When I told her that she was ready to come back right away. We will see what happens.

We had a loaf of bread that Cristy gave us from the Bradford Inn where we ate Saturday and today we decided to have French Toast for supper. It was really good.  The consistency of the bread was almost like the bread I make, maybe a little heavier so it made good French Toast, actually we had a couple sandwiches with it and it was a little heavy for that, same as my bread.

Going to take it easy tonight, watch TV, again, then go to bed if I don’t fall asleep first.  The heat and work really do a number on me, I feel great but get tired at night.  Talk to you tomorrow Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment