Sunday, July 25, 2010

Saturday July 24th 2010

This month is going fast!!  Seems like just yesterday was the 23rd!!!

I will have to say that the time at home went fast but was really nice. Nice to sleep in our own bed, the central air is quiet, we can walk around without bumping into counters etc.  Just nice to be home. I was up early of course and walked around out side checking “things”. I see that one of my azalea plants made it the other nine are toast, that’s the color anyway, burnt, dried up etc.  The farmers fields look good though but they irrigate them…

 

100_0868

I’m still amazed at how straight they make the rows.  I think they use the GPS, at least that is what I’ve heard.  They haven’t irrigated this yet but they put out plastic pipe and cut small holes in it every other row and flood it for a day or two.  This is pretty sandy soil so it soaks up the water pretty fast. 

About 8AM I figured I could go into town to the bank, post office, gas station and the $100 store.  Post office didn’t open until 9AM the bank didn’t open until 9AM so I went and got the oil changed in the car.  Worked out great.  They finished about 9AM and I had to take a couple pictures of this….

100_0872

100_0874

Car wash comes with the oil change. It is also a lot cheaper than getting it done at the dealership and they don’t wash it.

100_0876

Professionals!!  They did a good job but they couldn’t figure out why I kept taking pictures, they kind of thought I might be putting out a contract on them.  I told them I put it on my blog and they figured that was cool.  I told them I would put their picture on a milk carton.  They were quite happy to do their job and even as early as it was it was HOT!!

Thought that I would take a couple of pictures of our “home”.  It isn’t much but every time I think about selling it I can’t think of any place that I would rather be especially since our place is paid for.  There are so many things I can tinker with here that I will never run out of things to do…

100_0871

Not much to look at but “we have a mansion just over the hilltop”!!! Guess to go on “some day yonder we shall never more wander”.  Some people really wonder why we do what we do and it is hard to put into words, but the challenge of something new is exciting.  Meeting all the wonderful people is also a perk that is without price.  Seeing people again during travels is also a great perk.  If we stayed at home, no relatives and only a few good friends, gets tiresome.  One day we won’t be able to do this anymore and then we will stay home.  As long as I can work and enjoy working I think we will keep on doing this.  Moving along…. I finally got Linda up about 10AM and her double vision (after she got her eyes open) seemed to be gone Praise the Lord!!!  We finished getting packed up and turning off everything and got on the road about 11AM.  Had a pretty good trip back, it was already in the 90s when we left and the highest temp I saw was 95.  I think here in Branson it was almost 95, the camper was still kind of cool.

We checked with Ginny at the office to see what tomorrow was going  to be like.  It is going to be like WORK!!!  I think I counted 27 checkouts!! That would take Linda and I four days to finish.  I’m glad we work with Nick and Sherry, I feel kind of bad though that they have to carry us.  They work so much faster than we do but we can’t go any faster. Think I’m getting old.

We thought about moving the camper to a shaded area but the spot we picked has a truck parked in it and we aren’t in any hurry to move. We will wait until later in the week.  Going to take it easy tonight, had soup and sandwiches for supper and a Klondike Bar!!  The freezer doesn’t keep them frozen very good but they sure taste good!!  Have to get some sleep so I will be on top of the job tomorrow…Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment