Thursday, July 29, 2010

Wednesday July 28th 2010

Today should be a good day.  I checked with Ginny and the workload for Linda and I is heavy and I know we won’t get it all done but we will make a good stab at it.  Can’t remember now what all has to be done, I know 3 turnarounds and a few check ins and three other check outs plus some refreshes, about 6 I think.  Could be worse.

I got up early and thought I would make bread, we used the last of our cinnamon bread yesterday so need to have something for breakfast.

100_0892

The bread turned out quite well, not sure what it tastes like but it looks good. Cinnamon rolls look different.  Our oven is a convection oven and the round pan is from the convection oven and works great for nine rolls.  I had to use the oven 3 times for this. I had tried putting one loaf pan on top of another and it worked but the bottom pan didn’t quite get done and this loaf of bread would have touched the top of the oven.  Didn’t take long, about 45 minutes I think, about 15 minutes per item.

Back to work.  Nick had a plan for Thursday to get all the cabins done and furnished with linens before the check in time. So much for plans. That started the day out bad and from there it just got more depressing.  I was almost to the point yesterday I really didn’t care if anything got done.  May have been the heat but was probably my mood or just getting tired.  We finished the day though and still have 3 check outs for tomorrow and one of them is the house.  The house really doesn’t look bad it just takes a long time to do.

Linda and I are going out to eat with Daniel and Rachel.  Think we are going to the Golden Corral.  I should have taken a picture of the sign because I’m not sure if that is the correct spelling.  We  went over and took a couple of pictures of their car that they are trying to sell then came back over to our camper and put them on an email and Rachel sent the email to the interested party.  Sure hope it works out for them. They are trying to get a pop up camper and this one has air conditioning.  Linda and I were surprised at the restaurant when our neighbor from Sikeston came up and said “Hi Neighbor”.  You just don’t expect to see people from back home but it is a small world, and Branson is packed!!  Probably other people here that we know but that was a really pleasant surprise!!

The food at the Golden Corral was really good!  I was surprised.  The last time we ate at one of them was probably fifteen years ago.  We found out why we don’t go to all you can eat places like that, we definitely ate to much.  After the good meal and conversation with Daniel and Rachel we went back home.  I was plum tuckered!!  Linda was stuffed!!  I had to go to bed, she didn’t want to but did and she had some problems during the night.  Woke up about 1AM and she was miserable. What a way to end a fun night!!! Sure hope she feels good in the morning…Nighty night….

No comments:

Post a Comment