Friday, July 23, 2010

Thursday July 22nd 2010

Today is our Friday!!!  Have two days off starting tomorrow which is Friday and Saturday.. We plan on going back to Sikeston (home) to get our mail and do a few things that need to be done and look at things that should be done but won’t get done.  Sounds exciting huh???  This will probably be our last time home until we finish work the last of August.  Time is going pretty fast.

Have another picture of Karen working her magic with the flowers… 

100_0852

This picture doesn’t really do justice to the flowers, they are really beautiful and a great cover for the dumpster that I kept out of the picture.

Work!!!  When we got our sheet it looked like a pretty easy day. Something we could get done before quitting time anyway. We cleaned one room at the Lodge (pictured above) then went over to the main park to do a turn around.  Things were going pretty good until I notice the air conditioner running in another room, that is a no no!  I called the office and they said “yes, it is occupied” so that means we have to do a refresh, and I told them it wasn’t on our work sheet. Well, come to find our there was a lot of things left off our worksheet, bummer!  We had some interruptions during our morning so we were a little later than usual. Then with the other things we decided to work through lunch and quit early. Linda got to quit early and I went and cleaned the last cabin at 3:50PM and finished about 4:45PM.  We got most of the laundry done at the main park and Johnny finished the laundry at the Lodge.  I think Nick and Sherry will have a rough day tomorrow, sounds like a lot to do.

 

Tonight was our “mandatory” pot luck, Linda fixed her fajitas and I fixed the fried potatoes and onions. Linda’s fajitas were gone and I had a few fried potatoes left so we will take them with us tomorrow when we go home. I did take a few pictures of the MPL (mandatory pot luck)

100_0854 100_0856

The little girl in the above picture sat across from Linda and I and she was quite a little girl.  I know she is Susan’s grand daughter but I don’t know what her name is.  We actually did quite a bit of talking.  She definitely wasn’t bashful.  She said I teased like her grandpa Bubba, not his real name but he likes Bubba!!!

100_0858

Nothing special about this picture, Don on he left is one of the cooks, very nice, and his wife Carol, who isn’t in the picture worked with us a couple of days on house keeping.  They are very good workers.

100_0861

This is MY plate!!  Where to start???  The thing on top is a steak, the thing in the front of the plate is fried spam, to the left is chicken lasagna, the thing under the steak is a kabob, you can’t see the salad but I do have a lettuce salad under all that plus tomatoes and fruit.  I couldn’t go back for seconds.  There sure are some good cooks here.  Some people don’t like fried spam but I thought it was delicious! Guess there aren’t many things I don’t like.

Well after eating all that it was time to go home and relax, it was late and we were tired before we went over to the MPL.  We didn’t stay up very long.  Want to be rested for tomorrow so I will say adios Y’all…..

1 comment:

  1. I'm catching up on my blog reading. We have be sooo busy.
    Don will join you in the "liking fried spam" category. Not me, thanks. :-)

    ReplyDelete