Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Tuesday June 29th 2010

Well, seems like today may be a little nicer, weather wise, than the last couple of weeks.  We are supposed to have some really decent weather for awhile.  I checked earlier with Maggie about the work load today and it is a little heavier than expected. The fact that Nick and Sherry are working with me will make things go a lot faster.  I have a picture of Nick, Sherry and BreAnne, it is a little blurry but I am going to put it on anyway.

100_0748

I knew I should have taken a few more to get a really good one.  I will have to take more!!  Nick was an automotive mechanic instructor.  Due to the economy or cut backs he lost his job and couldn’t find another one.  They decided to go full time   They are very good workers and BreAnne goes with them and is really very well behaved.  If she complains I don’t hear much of it.  We worked together almost all day, except for laundry. They did the Lodge laundry and I went to the main park to do laundry.  Worked out really good.  I told them to meet me at the main park at 3PM and we would do the house.  I had to have Roger come in and explain things like the towels, sheets etc.  Glad I did, I don’t like to guess at things like that. We finished the house about 4:30PM and they went back to the Lodge to finish laundry and I finished the laundry at the main park. Tomorrow I have no idea what is going to happen, we are all scheduled to work and Ron and Barbara I think are scheduled to work housekeeping also. We should only have a couple rooms to clean so I am wondering what else we will be doing.

Back to BreAnne, she was premature. She was born at six months, and weighed one pound eight ounces!!  Not only that, she had heart surgery when she was three days old.  Can’t hardly imagine doing heart surgery on a baby that only weighed a pound and a half, amazing.  She is a cute little thing, I have fun teasing her.

Linda and I went to Wal Mart to get a few things.  I need something to plug up the gap where the slide mechanism is.  Not sure if it will help but it sure won’t hurt.  The air conditioner just works like crazy when it gets really hot and with the size of our camper we should be freezing in here but it can’t keep up and I’m not sure if the sun is so hot and the insulation is so bad it can’t or if we are losing the air on the floor out the slide mechanism.  I asked Roger if he could use the front end loader to put a new air conditioner on top of the camper for me if (IF) I needed it.  He said he would be glad.  I worked with Charlie in the laundry and he asked me if I would help him put one on his camper, his is the same way only it is a lot bigger than our camper. Back to Wal Mart, we picked up the things we needed and a few things from the deli….

100_0749

She looks happy doesn’t she???  That is a jalapeno popper she is holding. They are filled with cream cheese and aren’t to bad but I think my stomach is starting to tell me that jalapenos don’t settle well, bummer!  I had chicken strips and breaded okra, Linda had chicken livers and BBQ or General chicken.  The little black box or bag behind the brown glass is a gift from the Thomas Brothers show.  There was also a card from the Paul Harris show.  I think they are free so we may check them out.

I sympathize with all you people that read all the way to the bottom of the blog, I mean who cares if my tummy doesn’t like jalapenos???  Thanks for reading though, but this is something I can look back on next year and say to myself “can’t believe we are so exciting!!!”.   Nite Y’all……

1 comment:

  1. You just keep writing. I enjoy reading and it makes us feel like we are there with y'all... almost. Hope your tummy feels all better. :-)

    ReplyDelete