Friday, June 25, 2010

Thursday June 24th 2010

I am really surprised!!  It isn’t quite so warm and humid this morning.  There is a nice gentle breeze blowing and it is pretty decent!!  I am going to make some bread it is so nice!!

100_0708

This is the only picture I took of the bread.  I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that it had risen over the top of the bowl.  I made enough for cinnamon rolls and 2 loaves of bread.  Want to get this done early because this nice cool morning is turning hot already and it is only about 7AM!  I learned something this morning after all these years of making bread and rolls…how to cut warm dough and make it look decent!  When I cut the dough to make rolls I have been using a scraper and it kind of smashes the dough, I don’t have the scraper with us today so I thought I would try using the serrated bread knife.  Cuts through the dough like warm butter. It doesn’t smash the dough down and the rolls look decent for the first time.  The convection oven worked perfect. I need to figure out exactly how long to bake it though because it bakes differently than a regular oven.  I gave most of the rolls away to our work camper friends. We had a couple left and they weren’t to bad!  They weren’t real sweet but the bread part was good.

We went to Wal Mart to pick up a few items (not $100 today!!) for a dish that Linda was making for me to take to the “mandatory” pot luck that she isn’t welcome at, well, I think she would be welcome but the owner kind of sounded like she wasn’t welcome, that was our interpretation of the talk we had today.

We walked over to the Lodge Office to talk to Ginny.  She works the afternoon and evening shift there.  She is a character! Let me see if I can find their picture again…

100_0539

Yep, here they are Johnny Mac and Ginny.  She was a school teacher and not sure what Johnny Mac did but he is quite an all around guy, does most everything.  Very nice people.  Most work campers are very nice people. After thinking back over the last 11 years (wow 11 years) we have been traveling around and all the people we have met, kind of neat. Hard to believe I have been retired for 11 years, time really flies!  Oh, back to Ginny, she was telling us that next year they are just going to travel around and have fun, no working just traveling.  They are going to Italy later this year for a vacation.  Sounds good.  Maybe some day Linda and I can go to Germany, I would like that, not sure about her though.

I went to the “mandatory” pot luck by myself and it wasn’t bad, wish Linda could have been there though. It went OK, Heidi made me make a plate to take back to Linda.  I think Linda enjoyed that, especially since Heidi made me do it.  I don’t think that there was a lot of enthusiasm at the dinner, at least not like the one last month. Maybe it was me but no one really seemed happy or into it. Of course this was my day off and that kind of ruined our 2 days off. That is OK we will be done in August if not before.

 

Well, tonight is about over and I think that we will take it easy, we both have this nagging cough and ticklish throat that won’t go away, we feel good just can’t get rid of the cough.  Going to go to bed and see if tomorrow will bring snow???  Nite Ya’ll…….

1 comment:

  1. Your rising yeast dough looks so pretty.
    Reminds me of my mama's.

    I'm thrilled that Linda called me this morning. We had a great visit and I think she felt better afterward.

    ReplyDelete