Thursday, June 24, 2010

Wednesday June 23rd 2010

Here is another one, hot and muggy, supposed to be the hottest day of the year!  Close to 100 with the heat index in the triple digits.  The air conditioner is really working. Runs off and on all night and I think this morning it is already in the middle 70s and the sun has just come up.

100_0681

As I was walking around this morning I decided to take a picture of some of the flowers that hide the dumpster.  The flowers are really pretty and they are growing great. Karen is doing a fine job with the flowers.

I have a pretty easy day today and Bobby is doing a lot of my work. He did a cabin before I even got to work and then after that he started doing rooms for me.  Wonder what I will do when I get finished??? When I finished I still had a couple hours to kill so I did laundry and cleaned windows and restocked the linen closets. Finished up at quitting time, it’s 5 O’clock somewhere…. I talked to Heidi at the Lodge office and I asked her about the “mandatory” potluck tomorrow night.  My question was, could, or should, Linda come to it with me??  If it was up to her, yes, but… there may be some other(s) that wouldn’t appreciate her being there.  Uh Oh.. More troubles.  Why can’t things go smoothly??

We made reservations to go to the Toni Roi show tonight and Linda wasn’t in a real good mood but it will be nice to get out and do something. We stopped at IHOP for a quick bite to eat, usually IHOP isn’t my favorite place but this is our second time there and both times the food was excellent.  Not sure what we had, eggs, potatoes, and lots of stuff on top of it, and pancakes.  Great meal…

The show was a VIP show, not sure what that means, but we got name tags, free pop corn and free pop and some tickets for a drawing.  We never win anything but the price was right (free)…I can handle that.

100_0705

Don’t she look happy? We had two tickets and won something with each one!! Got some free candy and a $20 gift certificate from Applebees, couldn’t hardly believe the candy (taffy) and a $10 gift certificate from a candy store.  Like I said the price was right.

I will put a picture or two of the show in here. Most didn’t turn out very well, I don’t like to use the flash in a place like that. I think the flash is only good for a few feet anyway, not 30 or 40 feet.

100_0683

100_0695

100_0704

 100_0686

Tony Roi has a beautiful voice and did a good job singing the Elvis songs and he does have a different style than Elvis, and the songs, or his act, is in recognition of Elvis and if any of you see his act, make sure you stay for the second half, it is better than the first.  The first part is a mixture of his songs and Elvis’s, well, so is the last part but it is still better. Had a decent night, got home about 10:30PM and was kind of tired so will go to bed kind of early….Nite Ya’ll….

No comments:

Post a Comment