Thursday, June 3, 2010

Wednesday June 2nd 2010

WOW I just looked at yesterdays blog and I had June 10th on it, I think I must have been tired!

Today is another beautiful sultry, sunny day.  We went in to work at 11AM and had to go to the main office to find out what we were going to do. Linda talked with Heidi and found we had 2 motel rooms to clean and possibly a third and 1 in the Lodge that needed refreshed.  Got to back up here…..

100_0480

Thought that I would make some more bread this morning before we went to work.  I like the bowl that Dee got me for Christmas.  Really works good here in the camper.

100_0482

Ready to make it into loaves here…

100_0484

This was something a little different.  Cinnamon raisin ring. This was also the first time the convection oven has been used since we installed it the other day.  I was wondering if it was going to work but it got the bread nice and brown. I kept checking the fan to make sure it worked.

100_0489  Had to try the ring, it was good but nothing special.  The bread turned out nice and brown, I’m happy with the convection oven, Three times and it has worked better than the last one, or at least has lasted longer.  I called FedEx and told them to come pick up the old one.  Tomorrow.

Linda and I had a very good day at work today, actually one of the best.  We worked alone and got the rooms cleaned etc, and got almost all of the laundry done, got the old convection oven out where they could pick it up. All in all it was a good day.  We invited David and Marian over tomorrow morning for biscuits (baking powder) and gravy.  Marian has never had a baking powder biscuit.  She must have really been sheltered.

Getting off at 6:30PM is late.  By the time we cleaned up went to the $100 store (Wal Mart) and had a bite to eat it was after 9PM.  We went to bed a little early and while laying there I could see flashes of light and decided it was time to put our awning up.  We had a really good storm!!  Glad I put the awning up.  I think we had hail but don’t think the wind blew very hard. The thunder was something else though.  Nite Ya’ll….

1 comment:

  1. Bread looks amazing. Hope your new convection oven keeps working.

    Also, glad you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete