Saturday, June 19, 2010

Saturday June 19th 2010

Back to work today, but I have some pictures I want to add to yesterday…

100_0644 Our pecan tree is getting some pecans on it!!  Had a bad winter last winter and the winter before it lost some big branches.  Last year it didn’t have any nuts on it at all.  We don’t use them but it is nice to have it anyway, the squirrels like them.

100_0643

The little one in the center is the pecan tree, it is kind of misshapen but ice tends to do bad things to trees.

100_0649

Some of our prettier flowers at home and the big tree in the background with the sucker branches that I didn’t get cut off.  I think those big trees are going to have to go.  They are big but not good for much, may plant a fruit tree or two or maybe more pecan trees.  They don’t get the sucker branches like the big ones do.

100_0667

Back to Branson!  Linda got me a retractable key chain for my belt for Father’s Day.  Don’t know how she ever thought of that.  Maybe I suggested it?  I used it today and it works like a charm, if I could remember I have it on.  It is hard to see but it is on my belt and I have the keys in my hand.

100_0669

Here is another moth.  I would imagine that is is probably some sort of crusader moth.  I have seen more moths that are really unique here than anywhere I’ve even been, flowers to that are strange.

100_0671

This is a pan of sweetened baking powder biscuits for what else???

100_0675

Our version of strawberry short cake.  It wasn’t to bad, we didn’t throw any away!!  We have enough left for another day, oh yeah….

Well, I have put pictures in now from yesterday and today and probably the day before.  Tomorrow being Father’s Day they are serving free pancakes to the fathers.  We will go over and indulge, then check out the shows that are coming up…free….I think…..may take one or two in, we will see.

Going to go to bed tonight probably a little early.  Work is always tiring and we had another couple helping us today.  We are still tired.  Nite Ya’ll

1 comment:

  1. The white flower on your Althea bush is beautiful. Some people call then Rose of Sharon. I have never seen a moth like that with the cross design. I can see why it's call the Crusader moth.

    ReplyDelete