Friday, June 11, 2010

Thursday June 10th 2010

Oh Boy!!  Got the day off, the sun is shining and I think it is going to be hot! I tried to bake bread this morning, what a bummer, something happened, not sure what but it didn’t work, didn’t rise and didn’t get cooked all the way through.

100_0543

I know this picture doesn’t look very nice but I took it while the ring (bread) was baking.  You can see the red hot coils in the back left center.  I like the convection oven.  Not quite big enough but does a great job.

100_0544

This turned out pretty good but the loaves were a disaster.  I made this a little different, I added garlic pepper salt and onion flakes, thought we could use it with spaghetti or something.  The bread tastes good but is really heavy.

100_0546

Our new friends, James and Janice left us a couple days after David and Marian, wonder is I have bad breath???  The job was a little to hard for James as he has a lot of physical problems and he said if he couldn’t do the job to his satisfaction he may as well go home. Linda and I will try to stick it out. I met Diana, her husbands name is Gene, I haven’t met him yet, and they parked in James’ and Janice’s spot.  They started today I think, I’m not working so not sure what is going on there.

We did a lot of things today, laundry, went to Wal Mart and got a tiny little light that was burnt out and it cost almost $5!!!  We have twelve of those lights and that means if they all have to be replaced it would cost about $60!!!  I think we may stay in the dark.  Really I think I may start replacing them with LED lights or something.  These are halogen and after they have been on for awhile you can almost burn yourself if you touch the light, not the bulb, but the light.  They are only 10 watts! 

100_0547

This is our satellite dish, stupid dish!!  I had it set up working great and one day it quit!!  Can you believe that?  Just quit!  I stood out in the sun for about 2 hours trying to get it aimed right and finally gave up.  I picked up an coax connector and put my satellite finder in line and I found a satellite! Still took me about 2 hours in the hot sun to get it right, I even moved it back so people wouldn’t accidently bump it.  I should have brought my large tripod, This one is just to small.

WOW!!!  What an exciting day!!!  Glad they aren’t all this exciting!  I think all this excitement really made me tired!!  Think I will relax then go to bed and maybe tomorrow will be boring!!   Nite Ya’ll….

No comments:

Post a Comment