Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tuesday June 8th 2010

Beautiful day again today.  Sunny and cool, so far.  We left the windows open last night and was cool enough but very humid.  I think it was foggy this morning and it felt like everything was damp in the camper.  Don’t think I will leave it open again.  I’m sure it’s going to get hot today, I left the awning up and turned on the air when we left for work.

I was right, it’s getting hot today.  It feels hot, I think it only made it to 89 but was very humid, didn’t take long at all to start sweating.

We got our list at work today and almost every room was checked but fortunately it wasn’t a hard day.  We had help from Bobby in the morning and then at lunch time Daniel and Rachael helped us. Roger and Heidi took care of the Main Park Motel and that really saved us, the motel would have taken an hour at least and with the help we had we had the last load of sheets and towels in the dryer. They will be there in the morning for us.

Heidi thanked us for getting everything done but yesterday she said we were “normal people” and I had to go on that one…I whispered out loud that she called us “normal people” and I think I may have embarrassed her. She tried to explain that is was a compliment. I knew what she meant, we are the only cleaning team on today and she meant we were the normal ones to be working that day.

After work and after getting cleaned up I grilled out.  I told Linda I would like to try grilling some pork patties, should have gotten a picture.  I made square patties and put them on the grill.  They browned nicely (Linda put the seasonings on them) and they didn’t shrink up much at all. So we actually had “ham” burgers and potato salad for our supper, or dinner if you are so inclined.  They were excellent, I was surprised, I think I expected them to taste like pork sausage but they were mild and tasted, in my opinion, better than hamburger!!  Isn’t that exciting???

We aren’t going to do anything tonight, we have laundry to do but going to wait until tomorrow night or Thursday our day off.  Well the blog today is kind of bare without pictures but we didn’t go anywhere and didn’t see anything worthy of pictures.  May take my camera with me tomorrow and see if there is anything worth snapping… Nite Ya’ll…..

No comments:

Post a Comment