Monday, June 28, 2010

Sunday June 27th 2010

PRAISE THE LORD!!!  It’s Sunday morning and I slept good last night. Linda wasn’t feeling to good this morning so I let her sleep in until I was ready to leave for work.  I did my morning stuff like reading and making coffee and the blog, then I went to www.hillvue.com to watch a sermon by Pastor Steve Ayers from Bowling Green KY.  I went to that church when we were working at Beech Bend Park.  Only got to watch about 15 minutes and the wifi quit working.

I knew today was going to be a big work day and I wasn’t disappointed. There were only 2 turn around rooms to do but there were another 17 check outs.  That wasn’t really to bad because there is no one else checking in for awhile so what doesn’t get done today will still be there tomorrow and the next day.  Tomorrow will be the same thing, leftovers and a few new check outs but no one coming in so far.

This is a picture of Ron and Barbara. They are from Tennessee and just started yesterday.

100_0734

Barbara is going to work in the office here in the Lodge.  We are in the office here in this picture.  I think Ron is going to work maintenance. I showed them a couple rooms yesterday just so they could see what they were like.  Ron worked with me for about 45 minutes just to see what I did.

100_0736

I was going to take more pictures of the room but this was the last one I did for the day.  This was before I started cleaning and I didn’t take one after so tomorrow I will take a couple more pictures just so I can remember what they look like, before and after. This was a room with a king bed and a sleeper sofa, just like a motel room.

Johnny Mac was going to bring a bag of corn over for us.  Hasn’t been able to find us home.  He made about 50 ears of corn for the “mandatory” pot luck the other night, good corn, peaches and cream (?).  I think that’s what he called it.  Very good.

I went to church at Friendly Baptist again tonight, the air conditioning was working.  Had a pretty decent crowd. The Assistant Pastor, Bill, preached out of Ephesians tonight and he loves Paul.

The rain came while I was at church and I had the awning up on the camper just in case it got windy, good thing I did, Linda said the wind rocked the camper pretty good.  This will be another nice lazy night. I had gotten a marking pen from Brenna, our youngest daughter, and I finally got it out and marked some of our things like the cell phones, and computers. Works really good. Can’t see it unless you have a special light to shine on it, It may just be an LED light, I’m not sure.  Well, I have about had it, I got to watch the weather forecast on the 10PM news, going to cool off and be great for awhile.  I can handle the 85 degree weather and it is supposed to be less humid also.  That’s all for now….Nite Y’all Ya’ll  hmmm… my spell checker says both of them are right, my spell checker must be Southern!!

No comments:

Post a Comment