Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sunday September 30th 2012

Today we are going to church in Morehouse again.  I am going early enough to sing in the choir, they have practice at 9:15AM.  I think I would like to sing in the choir.  They are practicing for this morning and they are practicing songs I don’t know, well, some of them I do but we don’t use song books, the words are projected on the screens.  This is hard for me because I can’t harmonize like some people.  I don’t know the bass part and on some songs I don’t know the melody either!  Kind of a predicament!Sunday School and church went very well.  Pastor Randy did his sermon a little different.  The choir stayed up in the front and we sang songs at different times during the sermon.  It was pretty interesting.  Last Sunday his sermon was “Different ways we say NO to God”.  This Sunday it was like us communicating with God.

We went out to eat with three other couples to the Chinese restaurant in Sikeston, had a great meal and a very good time.

I have to apologize, I haven’t taken any pictures for quite a long time now.  I have the camera with me but haven’t seen anything interesting to take pictures of.,

Went to Choir practice tonight.  They are practicing a Christmas Cantata and like all Cantatas the bass part is so high I have to strain during most of the program.  We also practiced songs for next Sunday which is the churches homecoming program.  I don’t feel very comfortable singing some of the songs because I don’t know them and of course I don’t have music to go by either.  We are going to sing a special, well, a lot of people are going to sing specials next Sunday.  Should be pretty good.  I am going to sing with Lloyd and John, “The Blood that Stained the Old Rugged Cross”.  Lloyd and I have sung it together before, will be the first time with John.

Had a good night and I will have to say Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment