Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Monday October 29th 2012

Another cool and windy day.  Sparky and I go outside for awhile but it is to cool for both of us.  He will get in my lap when we go in and lay there and shiver.  I finally covered him up and he was happy.

I am bored this morning, to cold to go outside so I looked around and found a package of pinto beans and decided to make them.  They had a special way to soak them quick.  I boiled them for two minutes and let them stand for an hour, drained them and put them back in the pan.  We had two containers, three cups, of pork drippings so I added that and water plus a seasoning packet from the package, an onion and two cloves of garlic.  I also made some corn bread for lunch.. I thought it was good…

P1010099

P1010100

The cornbread wasn’t the greatest but the beans were very good.

Well, guess that is about all we did today except watch the Frankenstorm on the East Coast.  They are going to get hit hard it sounds like.  Glad I’m not there!

I will now say Night Y’all because I can’t think of anything else to say!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment