Monday, October 22, 2012

Sunday October 21st 2012

It is warm outside!  It is cloudy but doesn’t look like rain but the wind is nice and warm so I figure we will have a nice day today.

Got to church at 9:15AM for choir practice.  I have a hard time with the songs because I’m not musically inclined and need the notes to sing harmony.  I never learned to sing harmony without the notes.  In fact, I have a hard time with the notesSmile

We practiced our special during Sunday School and it was a good thing because they changed it a little.  Sunday School was good, we have good discussions in there.

I brought my little voice recorder and after the choir sang I asked Pastor Randy if it would bother him if I left it on the podium?  He said it would be fine.  I recorded our song and then restarted it to record his sermon.  He has a dream to get the church growing again.  Finances are a little low but the main reason is to keep the church alive.  We need young people in there to take over.

After church I went home and then asked Linda if she would like some….

P1010032

Yep I went to Wal Mart and got us a Subway.  We both like Subway, she had a Tuna sandwich and I had a melted Tuscan chicken.  Hit the spot!  Oh, the picture I took from way out in the parking lot.  Love the zoom on this camera, with the old one you wouldn’t hardly be able to see the sign.

Choir practice tonight went well.  The Christmas Cantata will be very nice.  John asked me to do a reading on Veterans day next Sunday.  He gave me a copy of the reading “What is a Veteran”?  Very good reading, hope I can do it without messing it up.  He also said the quartet will sing again next Sunday night.  Cool!  “Just a Little Talk With Jesus” is what we are going to sing.  Like the song, need really big lungs for the chorus though.

I listened to the recording of the quartet, not real good, couldn’t hear Coyita at all and I was very faint.  The people said it worked well with the mikes though.  Mikes are microphones, that is what was on the spell check though…

I feel good tonight but the TV programs were an hour late and I fell asleep during the last one, past my bedtime!   Guess it is time to say Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment