Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sunday October 7th 2012

This is Homecoming Sunday at church here in Morehouse.  There will be a sermon and the choir is supposed to sing a special but Pastor Randy changed things a little bit.  The choir sat in the loft and he did his preaching and after his preaching then we sang the special and then all the other specials were sung.  They usually do this after we eat but this was different.  Lloyd, John and I sang the first special.  The song was “The Blood that Stained the Old Rugged Cross” which is Lloyds favorite song and we have sung it together three or four times now but this was the first time with John.  Guess it was OK.

Joe and Lisa’s son sang a special and he is is good singer and he also played a special, “Amazing Grace”, on the violin.  I think he has some pretty good talent. Harold and Jewel also sang a special.  I don’t know the name of it but it was Blue Grass and they did a really good job!

After the singing we went to the Fellowship Hall and ate.  The food was really good!  They sure have some good cooks here.  Linda made a potato casserole and a layered dessert with chocolate, cream cheese, pecans and whipped cream.  Excellent!

I went to church at North Acres tonight.  We weren’t having church at Morehouse.  I like North Acres also.  Haven’t found to many churches I haven’t liked.

Guess that is about all for tonight.  Not even much on TV!  I watched AFV that I had taped.  Didn’t even get to watch all of it!

Well, I guess it is time….Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment