Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Monday October 8th 2012

Well, it is cloudy, partly, and cool.  The wind isn’t really blowing either.

I drank coffee and walked around outside and when the sun came up I decided to get stuff ready to do the roof on the garage.  Didn’t take long to get things set up so I put Sparky in the house and I went up on the roof and took out all the screws holding the corrugated plastic down..

100_4248

I decided to take a picture after I got all the screws out and now after I have all the plastic off…

100_4249

I put some boards down to support the steel at the peak.

Carrying the steel up the ladder wasn’t easy.  I would carry up a few sheets and screw them down then carry up more.  The neighbor came over to see what I was doing when I was almost finished and I had to sit down before I fell down.  This all took about six hours and I was really hurting from all this work!  Here is a finished shot of the roof…

100_4250

Nothing I had was right for the job.  The steel sheets were about four inches to short, still worked, The peaks I bought were to small and the ones I had were big enough but they were for the edges.  Guess what???  I made them work because I wasn’t going to try to make it perfect.  If I want perfect I will have a new garage built and it won’t be by me!

I am so sore now, I took a couple of Aleve and tried to take a nap but I was just to sore to sleep.  I got up and the more I walked around the better I felt so I am going to stay up!!!

Watched our shows tonight and then I needed to go to bed and try to sleep off some of my hurts!!   Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment