Saturday, October 20, 2012

Friday October 19th 2012

Not real sure what today is going to be like, it is cloudy and the wind is blowing but I don’t think it is supposed to rain, sure hope not even though we could still use more.

First thing I did this morning was get the caulk gun out and go up on the roof of the garage.  I have one little leak and I know it has to be from where I put a screw in and it didn’t completely seal.  I had a couple of screws that didn’t have the rubber washer and one or two holes that I had to start over again because the screw didn’t go in straight.  Anyway I sealed all the screws on the north side of the garage.  It was pretty chilly up there.  The leak wasn’t bad but after all the rain we got I had a little spot on the floor that was damp.  Before it was like a car wash in there.  When it rained it really got wet inside and now, hopefully, it will be dry except for the overhead doors.  They leak pretty bad when the rain comes from the West.

I covered the air conditioner this morning.  I think that the weather will be cool enough that we won’t need it again this year.  I think I did a pretty good job covering it.  Linda had picked up a tarp for something else and I kept it just for this reason…

P1010024

I am going to put the boards back on the top just for a little more security. The wind really blows hard here sometimes.

Well I needed to go back into town today to get a few more things. De con for one thing.  I did fill up some holes in the skirting so they won’t have such an easy time getting in out of the cold.  I also want to look at a tri pod for the cameras.  I am pretty cheap and don’t want to spend a lot on something I won’t use very often but I found one that came with a camera case and a case for SD Cards!  Ten dollars.  Figured that wasn’t bad at all.

P1010027

It is like a miniature tri pod but will work great for holding the camera.  I sometimes have a problem with getting my fingers in the way and shaking. This should work pretty good for that.

Linda wanted to try some chicken with “Sweet Baby Rays” marinate so we poured it over some chicken breasts and let in do it’s thing.  I don’t like the smell of it but then that could be me.  Smells like vinegar to me and it doesn’t smell very appetizing.

I baked some potatoes and cooked some carrots to go along with the chicken.  Well, guess it isn’t to bad but I’ve sure had better chicken. 

Guess that is about all we did today, watched some TV tonight and I went to bed.  My eyes still feel puffy from all that mowing in the wind.  Got my eyes full of “stuff”..  Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment