Thursday, May 24, 2012

Wednesday May 23rd 2012

Back to work today.  It was nice having five days off.  Didn’t get all the things done that I figured I would but that’s OK I’m retired!

Stopped at the Super 8 for coffee this morning.  They have pretty good coffee.

Grant was there and he started Monday.  He worked at the cell phone store and then yesterday he worked in the office in the afternoon.  He needs to make a little money to get his truck fixed and then have some spending money at college next year.

I had some limbs that I had to finish picking up then I sprayed Roundup etc. I think this is going to be a long day.  After lunch I was going to mow but the little mower just isn’t running right.  Grant and I pickup up limbs in the park that were blown down Sunday during our little wind storm.  That didn’t take to long so after that I went around and picked up papers etc.  Hurts my shoulders doing that.

I sprayed some more Roundup and figured it was about time to go home.  Planned that just about right.

I planted some Gladiolas around the stumps and I planted them pretty deep, probably about six inches or so and they are up already!  Not much more than a week.  After reading the package I guess they are an annual plant but hopefully they will come back again next year!

112_3753

Not much to look at, kind of like a big blade of grass.

Here are some more of our perennial flowers…

112_3749

112_3724

Not sure what they are but they look nicer than the weeds!

Well, I’m going to sign off now and relax….Night Y”all…

No comments:

Post a Comment