Monday, May 21, 2012

Sunday May 20th 2012

Not going to do anything today except go to church if I don’t have to.  The pump seems to be working OK and I haven’t seen a lake outside so I guess it isn’t leaking to bad.  I will take it apart tomorrow and do more work on it (the pump house).

Sunday School and Church were fine.  Tom had both services today.  I’m not sure what is going on because I wasn’t there Wednesday night.  Pastor was called to do a Revival in Chicago and Josh, the Youth Pastor, must be on vacation.  No one seems to know for sure.  Tom was our Sunday School teacher for awhile and he did a great job preaching the services.

We relaxed today not doing much of anything but playing on the computer and watching a little TV  I think I have a picture that Linda took of me and Sparky in our new chair…

112_3733

Sparky likes it and Linda says that I sleep pretty good in it! 

This afternoon was really windy!  Not sure how hard the wind blew but I took a picture of the dust again..

112_3735

Kind of hard to see the tree line in between the trees.  That tree line isn’t all that far away!

When I went to church tonight it was cloudy and really dark over Sikeston.  Don’t figure we will get any but I was wrong!  It rained all during church and it rained hard.  Hopefully we got some at home.

I had to run through the rain to get to the car after church and there was a lot of water standing.  Well, we got some here at home.  Not like Sikeston but we got a lot!  Now it is supposed to be cool for a couple of days then get really hot again.  Oh well, it is getting close to summer!

Taking it easy again tonight.

Linda’s brother, Bobby, is in pretty bad shape, he lives in Amarillo.  Her sister Marilyn is in pretty bad shape, she lives in Sterling.  Her brother Eugene is in bad shape, he lives in California and Marilyn’s son Kirby just had surgery for cancer and he isn’t in very good shape.  We talked about all that tonight and it is kind of depressing.  I’m not sure what Linda will do if I go first.  The kids have families and are super busy.  She doesn’t have much of a family back in Sterling and no family or friends here in Sikeston.  Now that is kind of depressing but we know that God will provide. Just isn’t something we like to think about.

OK now after all that depressing stuff I guess it is time to go to bed…Night Y’all…

1 comment:

  1. Oh geez, Joel, now I'm depressed. I just hate it when we have these types of conversations. Sure a lot of "in bad shape" going on in Linda's family. (heavy sigh). But you are right, we just keep on trusting God.

    Sparky seems to approve of your new recliner. :-)

    ReplyDelete