Thursday, April 12, 2012

Wednesday April 11th 2012

Well, I’m wondering about work today!  The grass doesn’t need mowing but there are a lot of other things to do like spraying and weed eating.

I stopped at the Super 8 for a cup of coffee this morning on the way to work. It is cold and I think a cup of coffee might help and since I have a Super 8 cup the coffee is free!  Had to pay $5 for the cup so I may as well use it.

Well, Mark has to work at the cell phone store today and I get to “tweak” the park.  I started spraying Roundup and did that all morning. About noon I got the golf cart and starting picking up trash.  The wind blows papers, etc all over and it doesn’t take long to make a mess.

This afternoon I decided to blow off the streets in the mobile home park.  I got the bad parts done but still have a lot to do yet.  My shoulders are killing me.  Carrying the sprayer this morning and the blower this afternoon, I am hurting.  I will have to take some Aleve when I get home.

Got a phone call tonight from Al, who was my team leader at Beech Bend in KY, and he had a job for me just south of Nashville.  It was working in a Corps of Engineer Park as a campground gate attendant.  I’m already working but asked if he knew what it paid and he said it was a little over $17 per hour!!!  That is about what I made at the steel mill when I retired! I had to refuse because I already have a commitment and I don’t want to break any commitments if I don’t have to. It sure was tempting though.

Not much going on tonight. I had to take a shower right away though because of all the dirt I stirred up with the leaf blower. I need to mow our lawn but not tonight, maybe tomorrow.

I feel pretty good tonight after taking the Aleve!  I still fell asleep during some of the TV programs though.   Well, guess it is time to say Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment