Sunday, April 8, 2012

Saturday April 7th 2012

Got the day off!!  Think I may take it easy todaySmile….I do have a couple of things that I have to get done.  I have a couple of pine trees, actually cedar trees that are giving me fits when I mow under them.  I need to do a little trimming.  Also have a dead bush next to the cedar trees that I need to get out and put on the burn pile.

I cleaned off the neighbors carport.  He doesn’t live there anymore and he said it was all junk so I have almost all of it off now so I started a little fire around one of the stumps and burnt some things. Well, I have a few things in my garage that need to be cleaned out.  I have a bunch of real short boards that I was saving for something, not sure what for though, so all of those went on the burn pile.  Had a pretty good fire going for awhile and the stumps are gradually shrinking.

Linda and I went to town to look around.  I needed to get a whirly gig vent for the roof, ours blew off during a bad storm.  The neighbor, Larry, picked it up and then went on the roof and covered the vent quite well.

112_3625

The one on the left is the new whirly gig.  If all the jobs went like this one I would work myself out of things to do.  I bet it didn’t take fifteen minutes once I got everything up there.  It seems to whirl like a new one!

After I got the little things done we, I, decided to put up our new tent just to see if we could do it before we actually need it!  It took awhile to get it up. I made a lot of mistakes and had to go back over some of the steps to get it right.  When we got the tent up there seemed to be a piece missing!   A big piece!  I was ready to call the number for broken and missing pieces but before  I do I am going to check under the tent.  Glad I did, that’s where the top was!  We didn’t see it when we were unfolding it.

112_3629

Linda is actually standing up!  The blue top piece is what we couldn’t find. When it is rolled up it is pretty small.

It didn’t take long at all to get the tent down but it did take awhile to get it folded small enough to get it back into the bag it came in.  Had to refold a couple of times.

Now I’m ready to take a break.  It is late in the afternoon and I’ve been doing quite a bit all day long.  Time to take it easy. 

We just had soup and sandwiches for supper but it really hit the spot.  We did buy some tortillas, ice cream and caramel for one of these nights.  When we were in Texas, Bob and Pete made fried tortillas covered with cinnamon sugar, then a dip of ice cream and caramel sauce.  Now that was a treat and we are going to attempt to duplicate it (without the calories though). Now that is funny.

Time to say Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment