Sunday, April 15, 2012

Saturday April 14th 2012

It sure is windy this morning.  I took a picture looking west from our place…

112_3643

I know it doesn’t show up well but in the background it kind of looks like fog, it is dust.  I think the wind is probably blowing about twenty five miles per hour or more.  I figure it will be a slow day at work.  I sure wouldn’t want to be driving a camper in this kind of weather.

Pecan blossoms???

112_3640

One of the pecan trees is loaded with these things.  I don’t remember seeing them before and being from up north I don’t really know anything about pecan trees.  Wonder if this means there will be a lot of pecans??  There were a lot last year but I only got a few of them.  The rest were still on the trees when we left for Texas.

Work!  I had a weird day at work.  I figured things would be slow today. The credit card machine was almost out of paper so I figured I may as well change it.  This was the start of a lot of problems.  I couldn’t get it rethreaded again.  I tried for ten minutes and it would even budge and now comes the campers.  Got three of them in the driveway and I can’t get the credit card machine to work.  Bits came in to buy a bag of ice and she got it threaded for me.  I forgot from last year that the paper needs to be cut with scissors not torn!  Well, it still didn’t work, it jammed up and I need to get copies!  Finally got it unplugged (paper) and tried it on the next one and it jammed up again. Remember the song “If I Had a Hammer”?  I think I would have used it.  Well, it didn’t end there.  I finally got the machine working and made a copy for the camper that was going to stay another day.  After looking at the receipts I had voided his transaction so I had to go get him to run his card again.  It worked, checked and it was fine.  He left, I did my paperwork and there is his credit card laying on the desk.  What else can go wrong, well, he hadn’t left the campground so I took it back to him.  What a day!

The rest of the day went fine until 7PM.  I had a camper come in late, I was ready for him and got him parked by five after seven, now to put the golf cart away and go home, wrong, here comes a guy that needs the battery charger, the battery on his car was dead.  Golly, he has been here for four hours and just finding this out?  I’m already past going home time.  I was nice but I really didn’t want to lend him Mark’s brand new battery charger!  Mary Lou said she would put it away a little later, PTL…

Linda was on the phone talking to Connie when I got home.  Not sure what they were talking about but they talked for about an hour after I got home! I can’t talk for an hour on a really good day!  Oh well, they are sisters and things need to be said I guess.

Linda cut my hair tonight.  She didn’t want to but it is getting so long I can’t hardly comb it anymore.  I said if she didn’t want to I would try itSmile, yeah right!  She did it and it looks pretty decent, at least it is a lot shorter and I can comb it now.  By the time she got done cutting it and we had a bite to eat it was almost time to go to bed so….you guessed it…Night Y’all..

No comments:

Post a Comment