Sunday, May 1, 2011

Saturday April 30th 2011

Looks like a nice day today but it is supposed to rain again.  Just what we need.  It is a little cool this morning but I have things I want to do.  My garage roof still leaks and it is dry enough now to get up there and put some silicone on the cracks.  Hopefully it will quit leaking. We will see.  I caulked up the cracks first then got the lawn mower out and mowed the lawn and half of the neighbors.  His back yard didn’t look bad at all so I will get that later, next week.  The rain and warm weather, well, cool weather too, has made the grass grow like crazy!  Fertilizer may have helped a little.

I had to take a couple of pictures.  I think I may have put this first one in at one time or another but it is the flooding…

100_2595

This next picture is out back with the dust blowing!!  Weird!

100_2594

The clouds are rolling in, I imagine we will get the rain later on.

Work was pretty good today, Mark and Grant came in, probably to feed the chickens and to get his tractor.  He said that April was his second best month since he bought the place. There is a pretty good lull during the summer.  This isn’t a campground where you go to sit around a fire and sing songs.  This is mostly a transient park.  Stop for the night on the way home or something like that.  We have a lot of people here that work at the power plant during shut down and there was a couple a few years ago that stayed here for almost a year while they built their house.  I met them again at church.  I will have to take some pictures.  Back to work. I had a nice day today, not really a busy day but it was OK.  I don’t like it when it is quiet for an hour or so, that gets pretty boring, guess I should take a book to read.

We had left overs for supper, one of my favorite dishes.  We took it easy tonight.  Well, it did start raining this afternoon and at the park we got quite a few good showers.  When I got home and after supper I figured I should go out and check the garage to see it my patch job worked.  Guess it did, the floor is dry!!  Not sure how long it will last but for now it is working. 

Time to sign off and get some sleep…..Night Y’all……

No comments:

Post a Comment