Monday, May 16, 2011

Sunday May 15th 2011

The sun isn’t shining this morning, at least not here, what I’m trying to say is it is cloudy and raining.  The air is very chilly, I think it is in the forties this morning.

We got ready and went to church at Harvest Time.  We miss the “home” church but I believe that Sikeston is now our home.  It seems funny that when we go to church we spend the first ten minutes saying “hi” to all the people we knew from years ago.  The couple we saw at the “Pizza Ranch” were in church so I got a picture of them.  Kris and his wife.  Now I’m not sure if it is Kris or Chris, think maybe Chris,  I don’t really know…

100_2647

Can’t understand why he likes the Pizza Ranch so well???  He says he goes there mainly for the chicken which is excellent.

We have to go to Franklin Grove to see my brothers and my sister and I just happen to have a picture!!

100B2033

This is a very small restaurant and the waitress took our picture.  We should have stood on the other side, the light from the windows doesn’t help any.  I was very surprised though that all of them made it.  We don’t get together all that often.  From left to right, Ed and Lorena, Fred and Joan, Sr Margaret Anne (Betty), Dennis and Joan, Sr Lois Anne and Linda and me.  Sr Lois Anne and my sister live together in Rockford IL.  They have a convent up there.

From the restaurant we went to see Marian. Well, we got to see our step sister Jean Louise from San Francisco, who came back to see her mother and spend a little time with her….

100_2039

Marian isn’t a happy camper.  She is so used to doing everything for herself and now she can’t do much of anything.  It is sad because she was so active.  I have a picture of Marian and her sister Betty…

100_2036

We actually had a very nice visit with everyone.  Marian was really tired and I think she just wanted to go to bed and rest.  She had so much company that I think it was very tiring for her.

Well, we had time to “crash” a birthday party for Frank.  We have gotten together with Frank and Maggie quite a few times down in the Valley.  He had some heart problems this year and couldn’t go to Florida with Dave and Judy, their daughter.  Had to stay at home in the house because it was so cold he couldn’t go outside…

100_2042

Seventy Five today!!  Happy Birthday Frank!!

They had music there also and a lot of it was impromptu from band members etc.  Dalmus and I even got to sing a song together which was kind of sad, his brother Cloyd and Cloyd’s son, Dalmus and I sang in a quartet and Cloyd passed away quite a few years back and it just brought back memories for Dalmus..

100_2051

Dalmus and I singing I’ll Fly Away, one of our first quartet songs.  On the guitar and Bass are Don and Marilyn, good friends, and on the guitar in the left of us is Maggie’s brother and the young fella in the yellow shirt is Jerry.

I also have a picture of Maggie singing and I think this is the first time I’ve heard her sing!!

100_2045

Maggie is Frank’s wife and a very neat lady and good singer.  On the guitar in the back is Les and I don’t usually put last names but his is Pastor Les Funderburg.  He is a great musician and singer.  I kind of envy people that can remember words to songs because I have to go over songs everyday after I learn them to keep them in the old noggin!  This singing makes me want to start again.  God gave me a voice and I sure haven’t been using it, need to change that.

After leaving the birthday party I took Linda to Marilyn’s for another visit and I went to church to see the children’s program.  Kids have the greatest memories!!  They don’t need books they can remember the words to most of the songs!!

After church I went back to pick Linda up and then went back to the Rock Falls Motel, which used to be the Ramada then the Holiday Inn.  Hope they can keep this name for awhile, it is a pretty nice motel and cheaper than the Super 8!!!  Anyway, I’m tired and I need to get some sleep.  Tomorrow is going to be another long day..Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment