Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Monday May 2ns 2011

Guess I don’t have to say it, it has rained most of the night and is still raining, not hard right now but raining.  It is very cool with the wind out of the North about ten MPH.  I thought about going out to the garage to straighten things up a bit but when I went out it was just a little to chilly and Sparky didn’t really want to be out there.  The roof hasn’t leaked yet and I guess this has been a pretty good test, we’ve had about six inches of rain since I fixed it.  There is a little leak, just a few drops, just enough to make a little wet spot, better than before though.

I decided as long as I couldn’t go outside I may as well bake some bread. I was getting hungry for regular white bread…

100_2603

100_2605

100_2607

They turned out pretty good.  We tried a slice, and that ended up being our lunch, well, we had two slices.  I sure like home made bread!  To bad it isn’t very good for you.

We didn’t do anything the rest of the day, it just rained all day, then rained some more. 

On the news tonight they decided to blow a levee to relieve the pressure on some other spots around Cairo IL and Wycliffe KY.  They were supposed to do it between 10PM and Midnight.  We were watching the news and they had the camera at the spot where it was supposed to go and with no announcement it went.  I think they said they were going to use nine thousand pounds of explosives!  About a minute later our trailer started shaking and the noise hit us.  It was louder here than on the TV and we are about 20 – 25 miles away!!  Couldn’t tell it it did the job but with that kind of explosion it must have done the job, maybe that is what an earthquake feels like.  I was amazed at the shaking it did here.

I figured that I would be shaken awake during the second one sometime in the early morning hours but I slept through the night.  Guess I’m getting a little ahead of myself.  Guess that is about all for now, Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment