Saturday, May 14, 2011

Wednesday May 11th 2011

Today I go into work at 9AM so won’t have much time this morning to do anything.  It is already a beautiful day and hopefully it will stay that way.

At work Mark had me spray Roundup.  The grass and weeds are really growing fast.  The wind blows so much here that we seldom have a day without wind.  Today the wind is really light so it is roundup time.  Mark showed me all the places he wanted sprayed and the sites, which have weeds and grass growing up in them, need to be sprayed so that the sites are somewhat straight.  The golf cart is set up with a tank that holds about twenty five gallons and I ended up filling it up three times.  I am anxious to see what I did.  It takes about a week to see the results.  About 11AM the wind picked up enough that I figured I better quit spraying and do some mowing.  I mowed until Grant got back from school and I started spraying Roundup again over in the mobile home park.  I didn’t get it finished but I did a lot.  By the time I finished over there it was about time to head home.

When I got home I figured I better mow the lawn because there is rain in the forecast and it is looking kind of shaggy even though it has only been four days since I mowed.  The fertilizer must be doing it’s thing.

After I mowed I got the tiller out and tilled the garden again and planted a row of Okra, a row of green beans and a row of sweet corn.  I had to stop, it was dark and the mosquitos and bugs were trying to carry me away.  I didn’t even get to cover the last row and mark the row.  Going to have to wait until morning.

May not seem like much but I am really tired and I think it is about time to go to bed…Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment