Saturday, May 14, 2011

Thursday May 12th 2011

Another beautiful day, it is nice and cool out but will probably get pretty warm.  I go into work again at 9AM today.

The wind is blowing pretty hard so I won’t spray any more Roundup today, just mow.  Mark wants the sites mowed so it will be done, there is still rain in the forecast.

I mowed until Grant go out of school at 3:30PM then I turned the rider over to Grant and he didn’t have a lot to do so I asked if he wanted to use the push mower…..no thank you….HMMMM, guess he has soccer practice tonight.  I finished up the park with the push mower.  Got done around 5PM and decided to walk on over to Ag Mart to get some oil for the weed eater. I got the gas and oil mixed up but by the time I got cleaned up it was time to go home.  Maybe next time.

Well, I still have green peppers and ???? well, I just drew a blank.  I know I planted two things, I will remember soon,  oh, it was zucchini squash.  I planted those two rows and still have quite a bit of room left in the garden. Not sure what else I will plant, one of the twins, Keaton I think, came over and was talking to me and suggested subtly that I make some more cinnamon rolls.  Then he suggested I make some pizza with the cinnamon roll dough.  He got onto the subject of pizza when he asked if I could grow mushrooms.  I told him one of these days I will make both and make sure he gets some.  He is funny, for the twins birthday, they had a sleep over, not sure how many kids there were but I made a whole pan of cinnamon rolls and took over and I asked him about them and he said he didn’t get any that his dad ate the WHOLE thing!!  Imagine that.  He said next time I need to bring them over in a box with a lock and to give HIM the key!!  Oh well, he is a character.

I watered the garden  with the garden hose for a little bit then went inside to take it easy for the night.  I was really tired today, that push mower is really hard to use for a couple of hours.  I was really thirsty tonight.  Think I may have gotten a little dehydrated.  I sure drank a lot of water.  It rained tonight.  Got about a half inch of rain, perfect for the garden!

Anyway, I am taking it easy tonight, we have a really big day tomorrow. Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment