Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Tuesday May 24th 2011

Decisions, decisions!!  What should I do today?  Well, the chainsaw is supposed to be finished today so I will go pick that up!  I planted a few flowers while I waited.  Planted some perennials around the stump in the front yard and also planted some sunflowers around the light pole in the front yard.  I was getting kind of antsy and I decided to go on into town to see if they had the chain saw done.  I tried calling  but just got voicemail and it was already 2PM.  Figured I would stop at Lowe’s and get some things there.  Found what I wanted and went to check out and guess what…I didn’t have my wallet.  I changed into work clothes and didn’t put my billfold in it.  The lady said she was feeling good today and she took $5 out of her pocket and paid for it and she said I could have it or pay her back later (my purchase came to $3.44).  Don’t find people like that anymore!

I went and picked up the chainsaw and he started it and kept tuning it because it kept quitting but at least it runs again.  I took it home and looked for my billfold, uh oh, it isn’t in my other pants either so I looked around Daniels yard because I mowed his lawn and thought it may have fell out of my pocket somewhere!  Couldn’t find it so I checked the car and thought that I remembered NOT putting in it my work pants, I don’t need it while working in the yard but hadn’t planned on going to town and buying anything.  I was about to pull my hair out, not a lot of money but my drivers license (so I can remember who I am) and my credit card, not something I want in someone else’s hand.  I thought I may have to drive back to Lowe’s and check the parking lot.  One more time I’ll check my pants and guess what???  It wasn’t there but it was laying on the bed, can’t figure out why I couldn’t see it before and why was it out of my pocket???  Figure, I guess I do things automatically and sure can’t remember those things.

I went back to Lowe’s and gave her the money back she let me use… with a little interest.  Should have gotten her picture but I didn’t have my camera.

Well, time to try the chain saw.  I put a new chain on it and had a few  problems, couldn’t keep the chain on it and it didn’t seem to be any sharper than the old one.  Finally I put the old one back on and it worked pretty good.  Doesn’t run like it used to but it does run.  I cut on the big stump and think I have it cut most of the way through, I can rock it back and forth but don’t want it to fall over, then I started the fire…

100_2665

Looking good…

100_2667

I want to get all this wood burnt up and have plenty of time…

Sparky enjoyed being outside and minded pretty good until a neighbor came home or something like that…

100_2668

He is actually laying down relaxing.

We stayed outside until 9PM when I figured it was OK to go in but I did pile up a lot of wood on it so it would keep on burning.

I took a shower and stayed up for awhile, had a bowl of ice cream with strawberries, not to bad, I am really thirsty though.  I should sleep good tonight, I am pretty tired.  Oh, I planted some Petunias in planters in front of the garage.  Been a few years since I’ve done that.  Well, time for bed I think….Night Y’all…

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you! I can't eat strawberries before I go to bed. I have CRAZY dreams!
    OK, we need to hear from you. We're watching the Weather Channel and I have MO radar on my laptop watching the storm where you are. Praying you, Linda and Sparky are alright.

    ReplyDelete