Friday, May 27, 2011

Thursday May 26th 2011

It is pretty cool out this morning!  After Sparky and I got done playing  I thought I may try to make some cinnamon raison bread.  I hadn’t tried it like this before but thought it would be different!

100_2678

HMMMM…almost looks like cookie dough!  I made three loaves and it turned out like my date bread.  Really heavy and it will not raise.  I let it sit for about two hours then baked it.  It raised a little while baking.  I didn’t take a picture after it was done, it didn’t look real good but tastes good.  We tried a piece and will toast some tomorrow.

I planted flowers this morning.  We bought some Lily bulbs and some other things so I needed to get them planted.  The bulbs were easy to plant but the roots were something else.  One package had three roots but they were growing out of a piece of wood and I didn’t want to break them apart so I planted them all together, not sure that is what I was supposed to do or not!  We will see.

Yesterday at work it was really slow but today was a little better. Not much but a little better.  Today Grant graduates from high school and I got a picture of him as his dad was taking him to the school….

100_2681

He looks pretty good!  I think his dad is proud of him!  I asked Kim if she may have empty nest syndrome when he goes to college this fall and she said “no” she will miss him but doesn’t or wouldn’t want another and Mark said that he was so special that they didn’t need another!!

I made a little mistake at work, not going to say what it was but I called Mark after I got home and told him what I had forgotten to do.  Hopefully it was no big deal.  I do get forgetful at times.

When I got home I thought I would fry up the rest of the stuff I had left from the kabobs yesterday.  It didn’t make a lot so I thought that I would cook up some noodles we had gotten at one of our favorite stores, Aldi.  These were German noodles called “Deutsche Kuche” and I guess that means German Noodles???  Anyway it was the first time to try them….turned out pretty good I thought…

100_2683

This was on our expensive dinner ware!!

I had taken a picture of some of our wild flowers, well, I didn’t plant them and them come up every year…

100_2680

They bloom every year and stay most of the summer.  You can’t see him but Sparky is in the flowers somewhere looking for something.

I think I did pretty good tonight, I stayed awake until 10PM!!!  Missed most of the news and weather though.  Sparky and I took a nap on the sofa before going to bed, I must be getting old, it seems that I am tired everyday! Time for bed I guess….Night Y’all..

1 comment:

  1. You had a pretty busy day!
    Love the blue wildflowers. I think they are called Spiderwort. We have them in Texas, but they are more purple. There's Spiderwort and Giant Spiderwort, depending on how long the stem is.

    ReplyDelete