Thursday, May 26, 2011

Wednesday May 26th 2011

Sparky and I went out early to check on the stump burning.  Well, it’s still there, most of the wood I had piled up against it burnt so I loaded it up again and it was still really hot so it started burning right away.  We went back inside and did a few other things and when I looked at it again the whole pile was on fire, unfortunately it wasn’t near the stump!  I think I posted a picture yesterday and this is what it looks like today…

100_2670

There is still plenty of wood left but all that I had split is now gone, I was going to burn it anyway.  I will have to get the chain saw out again and do a little more cutting on the stump.  I thought it was cut completely through but I guess it has a little spot left.  Has to cool off a little first, it’s still pretty hot.

I wanted to try something a little different for lunch, will be a new experience for me… kabobs…

100_2671

Let me see, I used red onion, pablano peppers, baby portabella mushrooms, yellow squash, polish sausage, Anaheim peppers, zucchini squash and garlic salt.  What we thought were pablano peppers are really hot!!  Not pablano peppers!  They did turn out quite well, at least I liked them.

Got a picture of our Petunias.

100_2669

I planted two other planters and hopefully they will do well, they look good right now!!

Weather report says we are going to have a some really bad storms this afternoon and I have to go to work.  Daniel called and said if things get bad he will come and get Linda and Sparky and go to Larry Tucker’s house, they have a basement.  About 6:30PM it got bad so Mark let me go on home.  Rained like crazy and the wind blew, probably about 60 miles per hour.  By the time I got home it had quit raining.  Power was out so not sure how long it will be before it is fixed.

Linda was over at Tucker’s and was wet and had fallen down going up the front steps and scraped her knee, I didn’t have to carry her home, she could walk!

Here’s a picture after the first round of storms…

100_2676

I think the power was out about a half hour, maybe a little longer but looked like it was going to be a nice evening, wrong..got another round of rain about an hour later.  My garden is a mud puddle now, wonder what all will make it through all this??

I stayed up until 10PM and had to take a shower and go to bed I just couldn’t stay awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment