Thursday, May 12, 2011

Tuesday May 10th 2011

OK, it is going to be sunny and kind of hot today.  That is good!  We have had enough rain for a little while.  The flood waters are drying up quite fast now that it is sunny, windy and hot!

My tooth feels great today, no problem, still kind of careful about brushing my teeth and what I eat.  Linda fixed me some soup for lunch and I put some oyster crackers in it and, well, they get kind of soggy so they aren’t hard to eat.

I have so much I want to do this morning, I just don’t know where to start. The garden has to be planted and I wanted to work on the wood pile.  Well, garden first.  I got the tiller out and tilled up some of the garden and planted ten tomato plants and four jalapeno plants.  We bought an “Heirloom” tomato plant that our daughter, Kim, said was the best she had ever eaten so we are planting one.  It needed a little water I think, looks a little droopy. I got them all planted and then split one big piece of wood that about wore me out, hardest splitting wood I have ever split! Got all my wedges stuck again but I finally got it. The fire is still burning so guess maybe it may all burn up, hopefully.  Not much left of the wood pile!

100_2634

Work this afternoon wasn’t to bad.  Had something happen I never had happen before.  There were a group of nine “big” rigs coming in and when the first two got there they paid for the whole group and they said they would park them and have them fill out the registration forms.  I had the spots marked already so I said “OK”.  That was the easiest nine rigs I ever checked in and parked, well, I didn’t park them.  Very nice people but they really wanted a place, meeting room, to have their “happy hour”.  We don’t have one unless they give us a really long prior notice.  I guess they weren’t to upset.

Another end to a beautiful day, Linda fixed spaghetti, which I had requested, for supper.  It was really good.  I had eaten some crackers at work and that didn’t bother me at all.  Guess I am healing nicely.

Well, I am still behind on writing my blog and I haven’t even checked my emails.  Time sure is flying by fast!!  Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment