Thursday, May 19, 2011

Wednesday May 18th 2011

It is beautiful out this morning, the sun is shining and it is pretty cool but it is supposed to warm up to about 70 today.  Sure hope so. We could use some nice warm weather.

I go into work at 9AM today and will probably be mowing.  I sprayed a little Roundup this morning in a couple of places, want to see if it is actually Roundup.  Got to work and the wind isn’t blowing very hard so I guess I will spray Roundup in some of the places I missed the last time.  I think it will probably take a month or more to get it all, especially the places that I miss.  It takes about a week for the weeds and grass to change color so you know what has been sprayed.

After spraying for about an hour and getting a lot of missed spots I started mowing again and I mowed until 4PM when Grant was going to take over but I had most of it done already so he used the weed eater and I went to spraying Roundup again.  I will have to wait a week or two now before I can see where I missed.  I know I skipped some places because the people in the campers have dogs and I didn’t want to spray while the were there. It was 5:30PM when I finished and decided to go home, got my eight hours in so it is time to quit.

Daniel got another mower, the one from his Dad so I thought I would try it out to see how it does on my lawn.  I think it will take a little while to get used to it.  It has a hydrostat transmission that is hand controlled which is hard to get used to.  Mine I have to shift from forward to reverse but speed is controlled by foot.  At work the mower is all controlled by foot, that is what I prefer but guess I can learn something new!!   The mower actually worked great.  It has a steering knob on it and that is hard to get used to. The bolts that hold it on really scrape my fingers.  The mower works great though and I think it is going to be a keeper until we get a brand new one.

Linda fixed a big pot of chili for supper and it is “hot”.  Cleans out the sinuses that’s for sure.  Not much going on tonight, Daniel was heading for church and it has been so long since I’ve gone to Wednesday night services I had forgotten about it completely.  I don’t smell very good and look worse so not a good time to be going to church I guess.

Well, that is about it for today, have a great night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment