Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Monday May 23rd 2011

We have quite a bit to do today, at least I do.  Daniel called and he is taking the chain saw to the chain saw clinic to get it running right again. I said if it costs more than $50 I will take it apart again myself and see what damage I can do.  Unless I cut another tree down I only need to cut on the stumps.  I used Might Mac the other day and it still runs great but the chain needs sharpening again.

He called later and said the people would buy the Troy Built lawn mower so I had to get it started.  Took awhile but while I have it running I figure I may as well mow the lawn with it.  Even though I don’t really like the mower it has done a pretty good job, when I can get it started!  The lawn looks pretty good! It actually does a pretty good job, I still don’t like it much.

Linda and I went to town, of course to Wal Mart.  I still have a lot of room in the garden and I think I need to plant some sweet potatoes.  I picked up nine plants, they come in nines, and I also picked up a cucumber plant. We picked up some other things also.  It was an expensive day at Wal Mart.  They have these little rocking (?) chairs and one was loose so I put it on the floor and sat in it, not an easy thing to do, it was kind of comfortable except for my head, it just wasn’t tall enough and then getting up was another story, should have had a movie camera for this, I kind of had to roll on the floor so I could get on my hands and knees, not good if you are in a hurry to get the phone or go to the bathroom!!!  I didn’t get one. They also had a rocker recliner that I thought about but couldn’t get it in our little car, maybe some day.

It was getting later in the afternoon, about 3PM, so I thought I had a little time to plant the plants.  Got them all planted and I also planted some sun flower seeds around the telephone pole in the front yard!  Still had a little time so I planted some flower seeds around the stump in the front yard. It is now getting dark, not night but rain clouds are coming.  Sparky and I went in the house and in about 15 minutes it rained and blew like crazy. Glad I got all the plants planted!

I was hungry for “hot dogs” and we had just picked some up from Wal Mart. Got Nathan’s hot dogs, I think they are probably the best tasting hot dogs made.  I really like hot dogs!

Linda saw the sun setting tonight so I had to get a picture of it..Quite colorful…

100_2661

I got to watch the finale of “The Event” tonight.  I was good, not sure if it is coming back or not but it kind of left you hanging…

Guess it is time to go to bed….Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment