Monday, May 23, 2011

Sunday May 22nd 2011

Now I think that I will be able to remember what happened today even though I’ve slept since then (this is actually Monday).

Got up early and let Sparky out, he seems to be doing fine! Everything was pretty normal.  We even played when we got back in the house, not much but some.

I got ready for church and left about 9AM and left Sparky in bed with Linda, he seemed quite happy, he wasn’t smiling but he did lay down and didn’t try to get up when I was leaving.

Got a picture of Bonnie and Cuma, Cuma is in red and she is the lady we bought our place from, very nice lady, Bonnie is very nice also and they come to church together

100_2658

They service was nice but a lot of people didn’t make it to church today for some reason.

When I got home I just had time to take Sparky out and relax for a couple minutes then off to work.  This is unusual for me to work on Sunday but Bits is on vacation this week so I am filling in for her today.

Work started off kind of busy which isn’t unusual.  I had thought about taking a book in for me to read and I’m glad I didn’t, I was busy all day.  The flatbed truck was gone so maybe he was telling the truth about working today and paying when he gets back.  The campers kept coming in and the phone kept ringing!  To get to the good part, about 5:30PM a guy comes into the office and asks if there is a reason the laundry room door is locked!!!  No it isn’t supposed to be locked so I get out all the keys and finally find the right one for the door.  It doesn’t open!  It turns but the door won’t open and there is only one way in to the laundry room and it is this door!  Now what do I do?? Mary Lou, Mark’s mother, came over with her key, yep, the lock turns and it won’t open, I think it’s broke.  Mary Lou texted Mark and he called and just before he called I got the door open, he couldn’t figure out how I got the handle off!  I think he thought I broke it.  Tiny little hole that released the handle then with some tugging, pulling (no cussing) it finally opened and sure enough it’s broke!  Mark has had this happen before and it is the latch that’s broken, so I used duct tape to tape it open, the rest seems to be OK!  That took about forty five minutes.  At 6:20PM I went to check on the progress of the ones that owed money.  He was supposed to get off work at 5PM and the 20 mile trip he should have been there by at least 5:30PM. I kind of lost my cool, not real bad, but bad enough.  I had to let them know that I think I’m being taken advantage of and I don’t mind working with them but this really isn’t acceptable.  I’m pretty lenient, but I know Mark won’t be and he really hates being lied to and will make them leave. I hate to see that happen since they lost their home but business is business and I’m sure they can’t go into a grocery store and leave without paying, business is business.  I told Mark about it and he said he would take care of it first thing tomorrow. Almost all campers are nice, respectable and honest, but these aren’t campers and I won’t go into what I think of them, even though they are very polite (?).

The rest of the night at work went fine. Got out at about 7:10PM which was really fast for me.

Sparky did fine all day and he seems to be his old normal self.  Linda wanted to know what I wanted for supper and I thought that a grilled cheese sandwich and soup sounded great and I would make it if she would slice the cheese.  It doesn’t look real appetizing but it sure tasted good..

100_2660

I think home made bread for grilled cheese is great, notice I tasted it before I took the picture.. Yes LaVon I forgot the milk and I think this is the lightest bread I’ve made and it also tastes good. I have to commend you on your diet, you are doing great!!!  Not sure I could go without bread.

There was a two hour movie on tonight “Jessie Stone” and I really wanted to watch it.  I did.  Well, it was a very slow movie, not nearly as good as the other “Jessie Stone”  movies but it was OK, I would have wondered about it if I hadn’t watched it.

Time for bed, oh, Linda made some rice pudding tonight..YUMMMY I love rice pudding…..Night Y’all…

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Joel. :-) Grilled cheese on your wonderful homemade bread sounds heavenly.

    ReplyDelete