Monday, May 23, 2011

Saturday May 21st 2011

Looks like another nice day today, I am writing this on Monday so I am going to have to strain my brain to remember what happened today!! Now this is going to be hard…I don’t have any pictures from today!  Got a feeling it isn’t going to be a great day but I’ll try anyway.

I don’t think I did a lot this morning, I finished putting the chain saw together or maybe that was yesterday, anyway the chain saw is back together and ready to go to the chainsaw doctor.

Work this afternoon.  had a really slow day, had a problem towards the end of the day.  Had a camper come in pulled by an old Ford flatbed truck that wasn’t made for pulling a camper and they had a big hole in the front of the camper where they turned to sharp. (These are some of the flood victims).  They needed to park right away so I let them park then they could come up and pay.  When I walked down to where they were a young man was laying on the flatbed and he said “hi” which was kind of surprising because I didn’t see him in the truck when they came in, oh well I do miss things sometimes.  I went back to the office and an older lady came in and I asked how I could help her and she wanted to check in, I hadn’t seen her before and there wasn’t a camper in the driveway so I asked her if she was with the one that just parked and she said she was, I hadn’t seen her in the truck either!   I had to ask if she had been riding inside the camper????  Yes she rode inside the camper along with the other young man.  I am beginning to see that I may have a problem here.  They have cell phones and were trying to get ahold of a cousin to come get them so they could go get some money to pay for camping.  Now I am pretty sure I am going to have a problem.  They don’t have a penny to their name and I am pretty sure some of the stories they are telling me aren’t quite true.  They finally got ahold of their father and he was going to  bring some money!!  I kept going back to see what was going on and they said he was on his way about 5PM.  OK he will be here in about a half hour….he finally made it about 7:20PM, guess he ran out of gas, he had a long trip, about twenty miles!!  The story doesn’t get any better, he was five dollars short but the kid was going to work for him tomorrow so they could pay the rest tomorrow and pay for another day. OK I have to go home, I’m not in a real good mood, hate to tell Mark what is going on, maybe it will all work out tomorrow….right…

Still doesn’t get any better.  When I got home Sparky had been getting sick and has had diarrhea which started this morning, well tonight he can’t hardly walk, his back legs keep giving out and he falls down so we call the vet, and of course this is Saturday night!  We got the number for the Emergency Vet Clinic in Cape, thirty miles away and made an appointment, which would have been fine but they wanted me to call if we were going to bring him in and guess what???  I forgot to call and I also forgot my phone and when I remembered we were already on the road and a couple miles from home!!  I stopped at Hinton Park and made the call and found out where the clinic was.  We made it and waited for almost an hour for the Vet to look at Sparky.  Guess what??  Couldn’t find any signs of anything wrong, they walked him up and down the isle to see what was happening and he walked fine.  Seventy five dollars for that but the Vet stuck his finger up Sparky’s “you know what” and I think that was the incentive for Sparky to get better so he wouldn’t do that againSmile…. Teach you a good lesson Sparky, we will threaten to take you to see the finger doctor if you don’t shape up!!!

So, we got home about 11PM and Sparky was feeling pretty good and I was ready for bed.  Hopefully he will feel better tomorrow.  Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment