Thursday, September 2, 2010

Wednesday September 1st 2010

The first day of September, this summer is really going fast!  Guess I’ve said that before!

I got up early this morning, again, and did my usual routine then looked outside for more “stuff” to do.  The reason I looked for more “stuff” to do was because Linda didn’t want to go to Illinois today.  That was my plan. Well, I decided to work on the Mimosa tree in the front yard. I got “Mighty Mac” out and all ready to go, Had a good time…I think we work well together…

100_1854

HMMM.This looks different than the picture with my little camera!

100_1093

This is funny, the bottom picture is with my little camera, it takes a bigger picture than the big camera, not better but bigger on this.  The picture above is yesterday before I started whacking at it with “Mighty Mac”.100_1855

This is a picture of “Mighty Mac” taking a break!

100_1860

All done for today, the tree will eventually come down completely but I thought “Mighty Mac” may be getting tired, Yeah, right.  I need to rest now.

This afternoon we went into the license bureau in Sikeston to try to get my drivers license and tags for the car….Guess what????   I didn’t get them!! Oh no, I showed them the wrong “stuff”.  I almost had to laugh.  I showed them the 2007 taxes instead of the 2008!!  I asked Linda about it because she told me it was the 2008 tax receipt, well, it was  my fault for not putting on my glasses.  It was paid in 2008 for 2007.  Well, we decided to take a ride to Cairo, that’s Illinois, to check on the tag situation there.  Well, I could do it but it would take a PO box or address that is permanent and I really don’t have one.  The tags are quite a bit more in Illinois than Missouri so I guess I will have to go back to New Madrid (stone age) to get my 2008 taxes if I paid them. Anyway on the way back I had Linda take some pictures….

100_1102

This is the “famous” bridge over the Mississippi into Cairo.  It is very narrow, two lanes, and is used by a lot of trucks.  I’ve seen a motor home after coming over that bridge and the mirror was hanging, must have gotten to close to a semi!!

100_1104

I think if you look real close on the right hand side under the railing you can see another bridge and it crosses the Ohio River!!  Fun bridges, you can get some pretty white knuckles going across this bridge, well, not with my “girlie” car but with a dually pulling a camper it is quite a trip!

100_1107

This is the Cairo sign, Linda missed the Illinois sign that you don’t see if you are crossing the two bridges.  Cairo Illinois has to be one of the most depressed cities in the United States.  Most of the buildings are empty and dilapidated.  Windows are broken and falling out, weeds are out of control and it looks almost like a ghost town.  Sad, I think Cairo probably has a pretty proud history.

 

Well, I still don’t have a license or tags for the car, will probably try again tomorrow, sure don’t want to drive to New Madrid but I guess I will have to.

Went to church last night at Morehouse. They will be having a “revival” starting Sunday.  Not sure we will make it to any of it.  We made an appointment at Paw Paw’s in Picayune so we will have to be heading down there.  Will stop in Jackson MS to see Jim and Gail Jumpa.  I will have to get some pictures of them.  Very nice people we met in Bowling Green, KY.

Will have to get off here and save some for tomorrow, another day in the “Show Me State”!!  Night Y’all….

1 comment: