Monday, September 27, 2010

Sunday September 26th 2010

Got up kind of early this morning and went down to the computer room? Not sure what the room is called but I set up my computer and wrote my blog then I watched Steve Ayers from Bowling Green KY.  Kim came down a little later and said Linda was up and getting ready.  Kim and I sat and talked for quite awhile and then went back up to see if Linda was ready yet. She wasn’t quite ready but getting there.  Kim looked up on the computer for a place to go have breakfast.  Settled on the Cajun Kitchen..

100_1335

I know that Kim and Jacob both had California eggs Benedict, and Linda got a Denver Omelet and I got a bacon breakfast burrito, no Kim changed hers to the Jambalaya with eggs.  I thought about that but wasn’t sure.  I tasted Kim’s and I’m glad I didn’t order it.  Something in the Cajun spice that I just don’t like, and that is unusual, I like almost anything.

 

From there we went to Jacobs Fraternity House to see his room.  Jacob is President of the Frat House.  The room was pretty nice, I took some video shots of it.  Today is “Sunday Fun Day”. After “Rush” and all the fraternity stuff that went on for the last week it was time to “play”.  I guess anyone that has gone to college knows what this is all about.  I got a picture of the “little girls” going around to visit all the frat houses..

100_1341

To me most of them didn’t look old enough to be starting college but then I’m an old man. This is just one part of one group and there were probably a thousand of them altogether, well, they weren’t all together but in groups, it was really crowded!

We went to the bookstore and Kim bought Jacob’s books for school, then we went back over to the frat house but Linda and I didn’t go in, things were getting kind of wild by then.  Jacob and Allie came out and I got a couple of pictures….

100_1339

100_1340  The music was so loud you couldn’t hardly talk but that is what they like I guess.  I bought a digital camcorder, seems to work pretty good and I wanted to mention it here because I have it in my shirt pocket!!  Love it, it seems to take good pictures and I can carry it in my pocket.  My first camcorder used a VHS tape and was probably over a foot long and weighed about five pounds.  I like this one.

We headed back to San Diego about four I think.  I was tired and was really glad Kim was driving.  We stopped at a mall, not sure where it was but was about eighty miles north of San Diego.  We went into a Red Robin for a bite to eat. I didn’t get a picture inside but I did get a picture of some birds taking a bath.  It was still hot at six PM.

100_1343

I thought it was cute watching them cool off in the pool.

We got back to Kim’s about eight PM I think and we went in and talk to Dave for awhile before heading back to Brenna’s.  When we got back to Brenna’s we watched “The Event” which was OK but if all episodes are like this one I don’t think I will make it a habit to watch them.  Reminds me of “Jericho” a series that you couldn’t figure out what was going on until the end of the season.  Didn’t like that.

We had to go to bed, Linda was really out of it.  She looked like a Zombie!  She was really tired.  For now, goodnight y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment