Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Tuesday September 7th 2010

Today we head back to Sikeston.  It is cool out and very windy. I started loading the car and there was a guy that had pulled in on a Harley. I got to talking to him, his name was Dave, and he decided to  pull off and spend the day somewhere because of the wind. He said it just blew him all over and the worst hadn’t gotten here yet.  He said he was to old for that kind of riding.  He was heading for Kansas City.  Still had quite a ride ahead of him.  I should have taken his picture but I didn’t.

We got the car loaded and got on the road about 10:30AM  It was windy but the “girlie” car drives quite well!  We made it to Springfield before I had to get out and get the kinks out.  Seems to get harder to stand up after sitting for three or four hours.  Linda started feeling tired so we stopped at a Burger King for lunch.  She perked up after that.  Guess she needed something to eat.  The drive was pretty uneventful, we stopped on the South Side of St. Louis for gas.  For the first part of the trip we averaged over 40 MPG!   Not bad for a windy day and a “girlie” car.   I think our over all average is probably around 34 or 35 MPG.  I can handle that.  Our camper averages about 7 MPG now that is hard to take, for me anyway.

We unloaded the car and started getting settled in again, for a couple of days, before we leave again.  Daniel mowed the lawn, looks great! We didn’t do much of anything tonight, just to tired.  I think we will sleep good tonight….catch y’all on the flip flop….

No comments:

Post a Comment