Monday, September 13, 2010

Sunday September 12th 2010

We are going to go to West Union Baptist Church today.  We will meet Rick and Connie there.  We usually go to West Union.  Brother Bud Putman is the pastor and he is a very good preacher.  The air conditioning was out in the auditorium and was a little warm.  Rick helped to get it fixed before church time so that helped keep us from cooking in there.  Not sure what the temperature got up to today but on our way to church after 6PM is was still 92 degrees.  Kind of warm.

We went over to Rick and Connie’s after church and I went with Rick to pick up Aunt Virgie.  She was ready when we got there and kind of hinted that we were late! The ladies fixed a delicious meal of roast beef, mashed potatoes, all kinds of veggies and salads.  I ate to much of course and was miserable the rest of the afternoon.  I have a couple of pictures. This one is Sarah and her boyfriend Nathan….

100_1194

Sarah is in nursing school in Jackson MS and she makes it home about every other weekend I think. 

I have a picture I want to put in here even though it isn’t really good, we were on the way to pick up Aunt Virgie and there were some Turkey Buzzards having lunch and we go just close enough to get a picture…

100_1192

You can see one sitting in the tree on the left side and two in the ditch, well, just their heads.  They were pretty skittish.  I know this doesn’t fit in here but I just remembered it….

100_1199

This is Steve, Pam and Anna Grace with their “muscle car”!  I know you would like this one Nick!  Steve was going to restore the car but with kids coming and going to school etc, etc there just wasn’t enough money to fix the car..  To bad, I think it would have been nice, a 1963 Studebaker Lark! Has a V8 engine and automatic transmission.  It does run! The body is, well, not the greatest.

100_1200

Church tonight started out with the kids choir.  They did an excellent job. Very animated with their gestures, even the little ones. The church has grown a lot since the last time we were there.  Even the evening service was quite crowded.  The choir director resigned and Pastor Bud is now leading the singing and getting the choir ready for the Christmas Play. I’m not sure but I don’t think they have started looking for a choir director yet so it may be awhile.

We went over to Rick and Connie’s after church and Steve and Pam were there, we had a really nice night just talking and getting caught up on all the things that had been going on. 

I have probably missed things but I am ready for bed and I think I will just have to leave some things “unsaid” I guess….Bye Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment