Friday, September 3, 2010

Thursday September 2nd 2010

Today has to be a good day, not sure why but it has to be a good day.

After my morning routine I decided to burn some papers and thought that I would try to burn the Mimosa Tree that I had cut up.  I was surprised that it burnt quite well, well, it had been dead for awhile.

100_1110

Oh yes!!  It burnt quite well. If you notice the two trees on either side of the fire, they have been scorched before.  They will be coming down one of these days if I can find a chain saw big enough.  “Mighty Mac” would give it a go but the blade just isn’t big enough to make it all the way through the trees, at least three of them.

Well, I got my stuff together and decided to head down to New Madrid again. Whoopee!   Another trip to the big city.  Anyway when I got there I put all my papers on the counter and told them I didn’t have my 2008 tax receipt, and they said that was OK that if I had paid my 2009 taxes I had to have paid my 2008 taxes. Oh well, live and learn.  I took a picture of the lady that was waiting on me….

100_1111

I think this picture was after I made a little joke.  She asked if I wanted to be an organ donor and I said yes, then I said if I had the money I would also like to be a piano donor. Don’t think she thought that was funny. After I took this picture she told the other lady I took her picture, then she told me I was in deep trouble for taking a picture in a “State” office of a “State” worker!!  I told her she would have to “show me” where it says I can’t take a picture, I don’t see any signs anywhere!!  Really!!  Then she wanted to take my picture and I told her I thought there weren’t supposed to be any pictures taken in a “State” office???  Really, she was very nice and we were kind of joking, but I left before she called the police.  Just joking!!  She was very pleasant and all the transactions went very well, and she did smile when I handed her the check for $99.50.  I will have to admit that it is a lot cheaper here in Missouri than Illinois.  This transaction would have been over $200 in Illinois and the tags for the car would only be for one year and here it is two years.  They do get us here for property taxes and the car and the camper are taxed.  They get you one way or another.

I made some bread today, actually this morning, and made some cinnamon rolls to take to the kids next door.  They like the cinnamon rolls.  Well tonight I tried to make Panini’s.  They turned out quite well, Linda thought something was lacking, maybe jalapenos not sure.

 

100_1113

I remembered to take a picture after I had already started eating.  Turkey, ham and cheese.  I thought they were tasty.

Can’t remember if I said that our security light went out (again).  Only had it up for three or four months.  The bulb burnt out and a new one costs $16. Thought I would try a small one.  It works and gives off some light so I am happy, they only cost about $2 apiece, I can replace them more often.

I told you this was going to be a good day.  I think we will head for Illinois tomorrow, maybe, depends, not sure. Guess I will write about that tomorrow.  Night Y’all….

1 comment:

  1. Oh Joel, Don and I got a really good laugh out of this post. You were on a roll... cracked us up!!

    ReplyDelete