Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wednesday September 15th 2010

I didn’t get Linda up very early this morning, about 8:20AM I think.  We got something to eat and then got on the road about 9:45AM. It was nice this morning but it is getting warm very fast, in fact when we left it was in the upper 80s and muggy.

Nice day to travel and didn’t want to go through Houston during the rush hour.  Tom Tom was very helpful in getting us through.  The only thing was the HOV lanes. I didn’t know what they were when I set the Tom Tom and found out to late that it was a fast lane and also a toll way.  We didn’t take it and Tom Tom kept telling us to get over there.  We stayed on I 10 and it worked out great.  This is the first time through Houston that we didn’t get lost.

100_1227

Houston and road work.  Linda got a nice picture of the sky line here in Houston.  Sure took us a long time to get out into the country again.  We took a short cut around San Antonio and Tom Tom didn’t like that either but finally changed our course.  We stopped at a BBQ somewhere in Texas.  I have the address but don’t want to look it up….

100_1230

Had to have Linda get me in a picture of this.  The BBQ was very good. A little expensive but good.  The inside was quite quaint!

100_1231

This is the BBQ grill and it is working, I saw one of the guys open it to check on the meat I guess.   Linda got pulled pork and I had the sliced brisket.  They were both good and we ate on the fly.100_1233  I was getting tired so we stopped at a rest area which was very nice.  Had lots of bugs (beetles) but was still very nice.

We stopped at Kerrville for the night.  We stayed here at a campground on the way back from San Diego.  Sure is a lot nicer now than it was then. We got a room at the Super 8 and got settled in.  Linda is going to watch “Survivor” and “Big Brother” of which I don’t like either one. Time to get my computing done I guess. Anyway, we are going to take it easy and rest up for tomorrow.  I think we may try to make it to Van Horn, not sure, depends on how far it is to Benson AZ.  Good night y’all….

1 comment:

  1. So glad you made it through Houston without any problems. I do not like Houston.

    ReplyDelete