Sunday, September 5, 2010

Saturday September 4th 2010

Today is a lot different than what we  woke up to Friday. It is cold outside!! It got down to about 45 degrees this morning.  Sure glad I brought my jacket with me.

I took a walk this morning just to see the old neighborhood again.  It hasn’t changed much and Sterling and Rock Falls sure aren’t thriving cities!  Nothing like Cairo IL though.

Linda and I went to the $100 store and it sure seems funny to run into people we know.  We have been gone from here for 10 years but still run into people we know.  Both people go to Harvest Time though.  Had a good chat with them. This being the holiday weekend we checked with the deli to see if we could purchase some chicken for tomorrows reunion. Might be a good thing, sounds like they are going to be really busy.

We went to Franklin Grove to see my step Mother, Marian.  We didn’t call to make sure she was home but she couldn’t hide from us, we found her!

100_1125

We had a real nice visit.  I think Marian said she was 94 years old. She was married to my Dad for 29 years!  That is really something.  My Dad and Mom were married 49 years!!  Dad was in his 70s when they got married and they had quite the life together. Actually they traveled the world together. They have been to Europe, Alaska, Hawaii and cruises to the Caribbean plus they drove to California five times, how’s that for some traveling???

Linda and I went down to Morrison to see Linda’s sister Connie and her husband Tim.  Went out to eat at a place called Pizza Ranch. This was in Clinton, Iowa.  They had quite a spread. Not only pizza but salads, and some very good chicken!  Ate to much again.

100_1134

Connie retired from General Electric after almost 40 years and Tim is an all around kind of guy, auto mechanic, carpenter, etc.  The house they live in is a real old house and he has almost completely remodeled it.  Gutted it  a little bit at a time and redone it.  I am amazed, it really looks great!

Connie took us over to see her daughter Amy and her  new daughter.

100_1128

This is her daughter Kinsley Nevaeh. She is a cutie, not very old yet, I think she may be four or five weeks old.  She has two boys, one is with his dad and the other is asleep on the floor.  We used to watch Amy when she was little, had a lot of fun with her, doesn’t seem possible that she is over 25!!

Earlier in the day we were driving through Rock Falls and decided to stop where we used to live.  Thought we might say hi to Dave and Marsha but they weren’t home.  Took a picture of our old house that Linda really didn’t like!!

 

100_1126

I think we lived there for about four or five years.  Linda was glad to get out of the house 

Well, time to go, we will have lots of pictures tomorrow I think, something I would be interested in, don’t know about anyone else though… Catch you in the morning or sometime……

1 comment: